Need some help to counter some characters in SFxT!

Hi,

I’m pretty noob at FGs (2000 BPs). I decided to play it more seriously with characters I really love (Hwoarang and Alisa). After beating many and many retarded [SIZE=3]shotos and Mishimas, I started to meet other characters, which I struggle to win against.[/SIZE]

Here are my problems :
[SIZE=3][SIZE=1][SIZE=3]- How to beat Tatsu spamming Ryu or Ken ? They often spam Tatsu into some cr.LP, grabs or overheads. Is Tatsu safe on block? I often try to retaliate and eat a shoryuken :([/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

• How to beat Blanka and Guy ? Those two characters are SO unpredictable.
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=1][SIZE=3]- How to deal with Dhalsim ? It’s very annoying to fight against, as he keeps spamming fireballs and teleports. If I land a combo on him, it’s pretty much gameover for him, but it’s very difficult to reach him.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][SIZE=1][SIZE=3][SIZE=1][SIZE=3]- And my MAJOR problem : Rufus. Some high BP players told me that Rufus is the most unbalanced champion in the game. He does something like dive kick into some cr.LP into another dive kick. What should I do ? [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=1][SIZE=3][SIZE=1][SIZE=3]I really want to become a better player and I know I should focus more on my fundamentals instead of on my match-ups, but I really struggle against those ones.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Thanks in advance and excuse my bad english <3

Tatsu’s are still + on block even after the patch (but not as much)… so I wouldn’t advise punishing them. However they ARE a lot easier to Anti-air now as their hitboxes got nerfed… so go into training and practice AA’ing those things with both your characters SRK’s AND normals (cr.hp/cr.mk for hoawrang and destroy-form hp for alisa)

[SIZE=3][SIZE=1][SIZE=3]This is just a lack of matchup experience… keep fighting them, you’ll figure it out eventually. (or go into training mode with those characters and try to reverse engineer what people are doing… you’ll have a better understanding of how they work and how to counter it).

[SIZE=15px]

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

This is just how Dhalsim (and now Jack-X it seems…) is played. His entire gameplan is to keep you out while chipping away your life with fireballs, limbs and teleports. The key to victory is picking up on the players habits and cautiously working your way in.

[SIZE=3][SIZE=1][SIZE=3][SIZE=1][SIZE=3]
Rufus is good, but FAR from being a broken, unbalanced champion of SFxT… raw launcher blows up ALL crouching attacks (with a few exceptions) and, depending on your character, can catch him out of an instant dive-kick if he does that instead. Your best bet though is likely to try and keep him at mid-range and AA him anytime he leaves the ground. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Thanks a lot for your precise answers, I really helps me.

What good anti-airs should I use with Hwoarang and Alisa ? With Hwoarang, I try to dp.LK if he’s far away, but I really struggle against short range jump-in (I try to cr.MK but it seems to always lose). With Alisa, I use s.LP with destruction mode if my opponent’s far away, but again, I can’t do anything versus low rang jump-in. Oh, and by far my biggest problem at the moment : how can I anti-air with Alisa without being in destruction mode?

Thanks again :wink: