Need something weird and awesome? try El Shaddai

El Shaddai: Ascension Of The Metatron Video Game, E3 2010: Debut Trailer | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
El Shaddai: Ascension Of The Metatron Video Game, E3 2010: Debut Trailer Part II HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

It’s most likely futile to say this considering it’s SRK but at least have the decency to watch both videos before judging, even if you hate it it’s only 8 minutes of your time.

Official site should answer some questions about the game play.

Okami and DMC character designer Takeyasu Sawaki is heading development on this weird title.

It’s not exactly the manliest looking game out there but visually it looks like something out of David Lynch’s dreams, combat looks fun, and especially the platforming has me hyped as fuck. It’s supposedly an equal mix of action, platforming, and puzzles which is what I prefer. I hope it delivers and sells well.

Let the breast plate jokes begin!

No interest? I’m sure someone can do something with this.

This game honestly creeps me out…

this game looks amazing, but your comment makes me wish david lynch would actually make a game

Game looks cool. Is there going to be a TGS thread or are we just going to have to make threads for each individual game that comes out? Almost made a thread for this game.

Love the art design behind the game, pretty interested.

Is that Sakimoto music? Sounds like it.

Here’s a quote that might give this game some clout, original source:

El Shaddai is a simplistic action game with a three-button configuration. Despite its simplified nature, AndriaSang.com says the Famitsu writer was very impressed by both the psychedelic visuals and play mechanics of the game.

El Shaddai is loosely based on the controversial Book of Enoch and is directed by Takeyasu Sawaki, who was the lead art director for several popular Capcom games, including Devil May Cry and Okami.

all that runs through my head is the amy grant song (though i imagine she did not write it) when i see this title,

but game looks fun

Game looks amazing

I’m not sure if you guys saw but you have a choice to purify or fight enemies I like this trend of good/evil paths that has started when Mass Effect came out. I’m really liking the arch weapon I hope you can upgrade it or find other weapons though.

Game play:
El Shaddai: Ascension Of The Metatron Video Game, TGS 10: Tranquil Combat Gameplay (Cam) | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
El Shaddai: Ascension Of The Metatron Video Game, TGS 10: Japanese Combat Trailer HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

the weapons and especially 2d platforming segments look awesome, game should be titled God of Rez.

It looks ok.

According to GI’s December issue Enoch can jack enemy weapons which must be replaced since they take damage. Not sure if that’s good or bad but it worked for Silent Hill…kinda.

Couple new ones:
[media=youtube]4MBTA9M6KWQ&feature=player_embedded[/media]
[media=youtube]9vHtVwMcF-Q&feature=player_embedded#at=58[/media]
A recent? brief hands on with the demo:
Hands-On: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron ? Scrawl

it looks interesting. The art style is cool.

New footage.

Story sounds very cool, art style is sex, combat is based on timing and rhythm rather than a list of combos, there’s no hud your life bar is represented by how much armor you have left. And I really like the idea of weapons becoming corrupt the more they’re used (they never break but when turn red indicating you can’t kill with it) so you have to purify your weapon which leaves you vulnerable or steal a new weapon and the weapons have a rock paper scissors system.

yeah in eng subtitles haha

Lol that would be awesome!

so i’m not sure why, but the english language asia version is 20 bucks less than the others. How come? Buy El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (English language Version) (PS3) - Play-Asia.com