Need technical help with my TE STICK!

Hey guys,

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, its impossible to go through every single thread and sub-thread on this forum! I recently modified my PS3 MAD CATZ TE stick, with new Seimitsu PS-14-KN, new joystick ball top and of course new artwork with the Plexi glass attachment. After following many of the youtube video tutorials and articles found on Google, I finally finished modding my stick. HOWEVER, all my buttons do not work now (including the start and select Sanwa buttons). I am positive that each colored wire went specifically to where they were originally with the TE Stick Sanwa buttons, and even if there was a mistake in the orientation of the connections I don’t think all the buttons would stop working all together. I connected the stick to my laptop (used the game controller applet) to check the signals of every component on the stick. Control module and Joystick seems fine. Buttons sadly, have no signal whatsoever. It has been like this ever since I modded the stick. I even tried using my original SANWA TE stick buttons and they too, no longer send a signal to the pcb, Im guessing. As a final check, I tried the turbo feature on the stick to see if the buttons would respond to the control module. The only outcome was failure.

If any if you share similar problems, and have found a solution to it please fill me in!

Any suggestions and comments of course, are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time guys!

check the cable that’s connect to the PCB (button portion), and the pcb of where the cable of the buttons comes out of. something is lose.

I did, and the connection seems fine, at least for the connection from the PCB to the terminal block. The only problem here is that my TE stick is the PS3 version, and I noticed that with this version the PCB is hidden away underneath the control module portion; unlike the 360 one. I guess I should open that portion up as well huh? just to make sure its not a lose connection.

I did, and the connection seems fine, at least for the connection from the PCB to the terminal block. The only problem here is that my TE stick is the PS3 version, and I noticed that with this version the PCB is hidden away underneath the control module portion; unlike the 360 one. I guess I should open that portion up as well huh? just to make sure its not a lose connection.