Hi. How’s it going?
That’s great. Listen, i’ve written a batch of new articles over the last couple of months which i’d like to bring to your attention. They mostly focus on combo design but some of it can be applied to match strategy as well.
- main topic: How do you create an interesting combo to show to your imaginary friends on the internet?
- main topic: How do combo engines grow as a game matures?
- main topic: Just how much random nonsense can fit into those old games?
- main topic: How does charging really work in Street Fighter games?
- main topic: What does each combo dummy bring to the table?
The article about charging contains probably the least accessible technical info as well as the most useful practical info of the five articles. If you like CvS2, make sure you read the article about combo dummies because it’ll give you a much better understanding of combo videos in general. The article about randomness in SF2 series has a lot of fun facts. The other two are more vague, so it depends on how much time you’ve got i guess.
Questions, comments, discussion are very welcome.