New Challenge mode - Trials

e-honda

Having quite a bit of trouble on the execution for the upper level of trials here… from like 13 and on the one’s with the :hp: Hundered hand Slap in it

has the timings or executions for these changed a lot caus eI just can’t seem to pull them off. the only one I can do is the standing hp > HP HHS > Super

I’m sorry to sound pesamistic but thats what internet forums do to you.
Have you tried this?

This is Honda 101.
NOTHING else in this forum is relevant without it.

Thanks for the Link ticktock,I’m at work atm so i can’t view the damn youtube vids as the website is blacklisted >.<
I’ll have a go at them once I get home though.

Hi! Super Street Fighter trials, as confessed before, my timing skills suck, it’s why I can’t dance at weddings, seriously. Anyway, I’m trying to do the Short, Short, Short, Jab, Super and getting the timing down on that crap is ludicrous. I mean, I don’t know what the time length of “1 frame” is, but I’d wager it’s less time then it takes to blink an eye. I’ve tried developing a rhytm to hit the buttons, I’ve trashing MASHING THE HELL out of the buttons, I’ve even tried… the turbo feature on my fight stick :frowning:

So, my question, anyone have a hands video of that trial that they can share? or really any tips on figuring out 1 frame links, like a metrnome that counts out the timing! I am aware of plinking, but not really appropriate here. Am I just doomed to mediocrity? :slight_smile:

~P~

The one 1 frame link off the the crouching shorts just takes practice.
My tip for learning links for all characters is to learn what the full animation of the move looks like.
Pay attention to when Honda hits the c.lk, an orange splash appears at the contact point.When you see the orange splash immediately hit c.lk.
It becomes easier when you use the character animations to land links as you practice.

I’ve been working on the 3 cr. lk > cr. lp > Super… I can’t do it! How did anybody do this combo?

I’m getting a little better with the 3 low kicks connecting but I can’t get the super to come out after the cr.lp. I can do cr.lp > Super, but not after the 3 kicks… What in the world?!

Progress…

I look at Dan instead of Honda while I kick for the rhythm… the timing between the last cr.lk and cr.lp seems to be the tricky part for me… but so far, it’s looking good.

What I’m doing is…

(DB) lk, lk, lk > df+lp, B F lp. All the moves come out but the Super gets blocked.

Progress…

I look at Dan instead of Honda while I kick for the rhythm… the timing between the last cr.lk and cr.lp seems to be the tricky part for me… but so far, it’s looking good.

What I’m doing is…

(DB) lk, lk, lk > df+lp, B F lp. All the moves come out but the Super gets blocked.

Easiest way to do that one is to do the 3 lks, then the lp xx hhs xx super, just use hands to give you extra time to input the super and you should be able to clear that one.

Tha’ts giving me more trouble.
Man I just want his face paint icon… I got it in SF4 but this is getting me mad…haa.

I DIIIIID IIIIIIT!!!

I just kept doing all the inputs like a zombie even if it didn’t connect.
When I stopped concentrating, that’s when it happened… wow.

Yeah, most of the trials for honda are stupid, 95% of those combos that they make you do…a honda player would never use in a real match

Exactly… I know I’m not attempting that combo ever again.

Well I have no idea how I did that combo, didn’t realise it was that hard.

Im usually playing other chars but wanted to test out honda this evening. Im wondering why i cant get trial 11 done. Its jhp - mk - HPheadbutt. I just cant link/cancel into the HPheadbutt. I have wateched a trial youtube video, so im pretty sure its a cancel, but well, im trying it for half an hour and have done it 2 times accidentally. Can maybe someone give me a hint on timing. I have no problem for example to cancel a cmk into headbutt. I can do that 1000times in a row, but with a jumping attack…noooooo way ! thnx anyway

^ it has to be a late jump in attack in order to get it to link into the cr.mk. In other words, you have to hit it deep in order to get that link to work.

That should help ! thnx !

Ok, the internet went out at my place yesterday so i went in to trial mode again for the fun of it (i had already completed them all). I descovered something that may or may not help alot of people, but to me it was a cool discovery. It was during the trial where you have to combo jumping HP into HP hundred hand slap and cancel that into the super combo. Well I couldn’t figure out a way to get HP to HP HHS every time. I would get it by luck sometimes, but i’d often mash out either EX HHS or lp or mp HHS. Finally it dawned on me a very easy and consistent way to get HP HHS every time! Keep in mind that i use a standard PS3 controller (i own a hori real arcade pro 3 but am too lazy to plug it in!) . What you do is press Hp (of course, for the jumping HP), then LP, HP, LP, HP really fast. Thats all there is too it. HP, LP, HP, LP, HP. Five buttons, back and fourth really fast. Make sure you’re alternating and not just mashing. But once you get that down, its very consistant and reliable, and comboing into the super is a piece of cake. Hope that helps. It helped me a lot.

Hey all, am having issues with the vanilla hard 1 trial. As expected I can’t get the Fierce HHS to come out after the j. FP. Would a turbo option help? I have the Mad Catz fightpad.