I recently ordered parts to make a custom build computer, neglecting to order an OS of any kind because I planned on using the HDD in my current rig as the master, which has 32-bit Windows XP installed on it. Now, the rig I’m getting is a powerful machine, with plenty of bells and whistles, but not too many (kept it under $700), so I’m wondering if I should replace my 32-bit Windows with 64-bit Windows XP in order to maximize the hardware use.
Looking at the specs below, do you think it’d be worth it to upgrade to 64-bit XP?
- 1 x EVGA 896-P3-1260-AR GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
- 1 x COOLER MASTER Elite RC-332-KKN1-GP Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
- 1 x ECS A780GM-A AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
- 1 x APEVIA ATX-AS520W-BK 520W ATX Power Supply - Retail
- 1 x AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 Brisbane 2.8GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core black edition Processor Model ADO5400DSWOF - Retail
- 1 x G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Retail
- 1 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250310AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
- 1 x Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail