New England Ranking Battles #4 on February 4, 2006 (Saturday)

** Tokyo Game Action is proud to present:**

*“The TGA Seasonal Ranking Battles”

Where:
"Tokyo Game Action"
257 Main street
Woonsocket, RI 02895
(lots of parking in the back)

When:
-Saturday February 4, 2006
(and every every 3 weeks, dates are subject to change under certain conditions)

• Tournament time: 5pm- “when the battles end”
    **EVERYONE IS WELCOMED TO PARTICIPATE!

Games:

• Capcom vs SNK 2 (Japanese doubles cab)
  • Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (Japanese doubles cab)
  • Guilty Gear XX Slash
  • Marvel vs Capcom 2
  • King of Fighters XI
  • Street Fighter II X (aka Turbo)

Entry and Sign-ups:

• Entry fee: $10
    This includes every game for the price of one
    -$2 entry fee for EACH game.
    -“Winner Takes All”

- Every machine will be on “FREE PLAY” for the entire night!

• All the money we make from the entry fees will come back to *you *guys and the community; such as paying off and buying MORE cabinets+games, invest in getting MORE ROOM, and keep these cabinets in the BEST condition they can be in. Also, the Top 3 Players from each game will recieve a prize after each “Season”.
  • Minimum number of players needed for each game: If it is under 8 players, it will be Round Robin. If not, double elimination brackets will be ran.
  • Brackets/sign ups will be done by TGA Staff members. (Gavin & Andy)

Ranking Battle Rules:

• DOUBLE ELIMINATION! Best 2 out of 3. FOR ALL GAMES (yes, CvS2 also.)
  • The seeding shall be done by the Ranking Battle point system (i.e. the person with the most points in the TGA RanBats will be #1 seed, etc)
  • SF3s, you can change your super art after each game. MvC2, you are allowed to change the order of your team upon start-up. CvS2, you can change the order.
  • The points system will go as followed below:

1st Place - 10 Points
2nd Place - 7 Points
3rd Place - 5 Points
4th Place - 3 Points
5th Place - 1 Point

When the Ranking Battles are finished, it will be followed by a Tournament (therefore ending the season). With this tournament you will gather up all your points and see who placed “Top 3” in the Ranking Battles for each game. (The prizes will be announced at a later date.)

About TGA’s Arcade Line-up:

• Arcade machines: 2 “head to head” Japanese cabinets (CvS2,SF3s), all other games are in single Japanese “candy” cabinets.
  • All cabinets and games are in PERFECT condition (knock on wood :sweat:)
  • All cabs have brand new Sanwa parts
  • The room is the size of “More Arcade” (the infamous arcade in Japan where players like Daigo, BAS, Dan, Mago, etc. play all the time).

(Ranking Battle Matches will be recorded, if someone has an extra camera or two PLEASE make a post or send us a PM to this username so that we can capture these matches for everyone.)

Well there you have it folks, the beginning of a new community and a new alliance of GREAT FIGHTERS! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!! :karate: :cybot: :china: :nunchuck:

This announcement was brought to you by,
:karate: Tokyo Game Action :karate:

2 things

-10 bucks entry for all the games. (No pot)
…maybe adding a $5 fee(pot) per game, just so it attracts more out of state people.

-Starts at 5pm-
…hmmm kinda late… I vote for a 1 or 2pm start… 1 word “CvS2DOUBLELIM”

…exept 4 dat…
Like Garth Algar said “Game On!!”:tup:

Lets see if i can get rushdowngod VDO to come down to this. Even tho he runs away from sak.

Actually I just realized that I’m going to a Little Brother/Fort Minor show(hiphop) on that date. If the tourney starts at noon I might make it… … but at 6 I’m out…

anyways can it be moved to the week after? :D… j/f/w/c… next time…

Entry fee for each game is $2, WINNER takes all.

and the date has been CEMENTED! OOOooooo… SON!

I don’t get the 2 dolla… why not 5? wtf… people are that cheap?

Percy Miracles???

I’m there

me too

john bring that damn mvc2 man so i can atleast rip the data to my laptop :stuck_out_tongue:

AHHHHHHHHH shit, word is out theres gonna be a possible OG coming to TGA for this ranbat special, HOOOO!!! (^o^)

BANG! This saturday good shit

KOFXI should just be forfeited to me.:arazz: :arazz: :arazz:

yo lets do 3rd strike teams?

like smooth pcj , ed nestor , cb will , gaving andy , shanker james, switch shit up a little bit what u guys think sound good?

smooth/craz how about that team.

NO to teams.

Someone drag me over to this shit. Seriously.

damn ness thats fucked up

yo I’ll be to this one! Sike!!! yo I miss all yall!!! but definitely see you at evo and texas showdown!!!

:arazz: :arazz: :arazz: everyone quit acting like you’ll beat me! dam!:arazz: :arazz: :arazz:

I’m curious, anyone have any idea when the MVC2 tourney would end?

Depends how many people enter up. But, I’d say 10pm - 11pm?

Oh shit I would be down for 3S teams