New Hampshire: The Sessions...Return of Salt Mines Starts 1/15/13

<font face=“Arial, Verdana”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>So front page has been updated with the updated Apartment and GU sessions. I know some of you went this past Friday. For coordination sake just shoot me a text and let me know if you are coming or just post up on the forums or something. So the idea was thrown about regarding running another tournament (thank you Rich) and given how successful our first go around was I would definitely be interested in doing it again. I’ll be checking in with Sarah this week to see what dates are available, what demands she might have etc and report back. Depending on what she says it may not happen but worth a shot anyway. On an aside its probably a good idea to keep the games list small. We definitely had too much going the last time and it created chaos. Additional ideas:</span></font><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;”>-Grudge Matches: More of an exhibition piece or intermission after top 4 in each game is established. Reach out to people that are coming and see if they want to issue a challenge to a rival or someone that simply kicked them out of a previous tournament and run a quick FT5 set against them for all to see and bragging rights. We would of course have this advertised on the tournament page and a flyer so people have the lowdown before the tournament starts. </div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;”>-Regional battle: 3v3, 5v5 single elimination, team tournament. Could be as specific as needed such as Western MA, Central MA. Or broad like Maine, Mass, Conn, NH etc.</div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;”>Winner Stays On: Like a royal rumble. Players pay to draw a number 1-20 (depending on attendance/interest, player cap could be higher) and enter the rumble. Whomever draws numbers 1 and 2 start the rumble. Winner stays and plays the next entrant until they are the last person standing and claims the pot at the end. Would likely have to be one game to keep it interesting and level out the playing field.</div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;”><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”><br></span></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Got some more but won’t get ahead of myself. Any other ideas like venue fee, game entrants pricing etc is welcome or just general interest in helping run it.</span></font><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>  </span><br></div>

How short are we looking to keep the game list?  I think a majority of the time issues came because BB teams took for-fucking-ever because it was best 2/3.<br><br>Obviously for games we have to have AE, Marvel, and SFxTK.  This probably leaves just KoF and or Persona for a 4th/5th game.<br>

I think one of the major issues was running teams and singles for our first tournament, it.spread us too thin and as you said games ran way too long. I think keeping it simple is the best way especially if we are just getting back into it and either making it a teams tournament or purely singles, not both.

Im thinking AE, Marvel and Persona. Being that its PWA im sure there will be a request to include arcade games of some kind from Sarah so there has to be room to accomodate that. There isnt a large tekken or kof scene in these parts for it to matter if they excluded from the lineup, however guilty gear could be another good edition as that community seems strong.

One concern that i had is our old room with PWA doesnt exist anymore as they noc longer reserve it for.bday parties etc. Its now packed with racing games. So space will be of concern.

So GU is tomorrow, leaving around 7. If anyone is going text me today and let me know whats happening so I know if its worth the trip or not.

March is full of sessions updated on the (first page) to take advantage of if you want to play so dont feel obligated this week if next week works out better for your schedule.

No GU ya’ll, dat snow storm…Tuesday session is on so look forward to that if you are coming.

NH. All the people I’ve met from NH have been rad. Lets be friends again. GU tournament on the 30th! Come on out plz! [Mar 30, 2013] Game Underground Monthlies (Framingham,MA)

I do believe we will be heading to this as discussed last night. And thanks for letting us know CIA!

I think the GU trips are going to be increasingly more important since it appears more than ever we’ve chosen our games of enjoyment and don’t get much out of our own personal (apartment sessions) like we use to. So throughout the summer ill be putting up dates to make sure we are in there at least twice a month so everyone is getting their fix in something they like otherwise why play, right?

Notes from last night:

-A plea to be a little less negative about the well known, well beaten faults of UMVC3. Games been out over a year now its understood its a bad game where skilled players lose to scrubs (like me) all the time lol =P. The game doesn’t make sense so whats the point of bringing logic where none exists?

-Tim I am holding your feet to the fire once CP releases; you said you would teach me how to BB=p.

-Kraig, Thanks for the bopping me (who didn’t) , Ironman is coming along.

-Nick only person who gets salty while winning lol. Aside from your need to berate me at every turn for “mashing”, calling me an idiot, while still putting up sizable win streaks (not sure I even won two games), obliterating my teams via OCV numerous times, and styling on me, I do think you should enter more tournaments man. You clearly have skill and most importantly the time to develop into a great player. Just my two cents.

Don’t mistake marvel Nick and regular Nick cuz marvel Nick is an asshole. Regular Nick apologizes for marvel Nick being an asshole haha.

Anyway if we all decide to make the trip on the 30th I’ll go theres no point in not going.

Hey guys I’m from Methuen, MA and I was thinking of joining you for sessions whenever possible. There are a couple guys down here who’d really appreciate some training against new people.

We mostly play the Capcom fighters but we’d gladly dabble into some BB or melee, if anyone still plays that.

PhuriosO welcome! It seems you are a neighbor as I am right over the line in Salem near the Texas Roadhouse off 28. My in-laws live in Methuen, so I am familiar. Again welcome aboard we have seen quite a few faces pop in and then disappear unfortunately, so if you are serious about gathering, by all means feel free to stop by. As you may have seen on the first page we are starting to ramp things up a little bit and I am offering two different sessions: Casuals at my apartment in Salem and GU trips. Usually people will hit me up as the dates approach via forum or text so I know how many are coming.

Most of us have Asus monitors/sticks that are brought and can be brought depending on how many show up and we usually run things on xbox although there are PS3’s for 3D fighters and anime fighters. We will play just about anything, but I don’t believe there are any melee players in our midst currently. However if you play SF, Marvel and BB you will find more than adequate competition among us. I’ll go ahead and add another session for this Tuesday March 19th, as e are currently setting our sights on attending the GU Tournament mentioned above as a group at the end of the month. I also think it would be a good chance to get introduced and get comfortable with everyone. Any other questions let me know!

Good to know! Well we’re a group of around 5 people but most of us work 2nd shift jobs, unfortunately. On Tuesday I don’t work, but I have school in the evening, to make things even more difficult. Usually I get out of ULowell around 8:30, would you guys still be playing that late?

No worries man. We play till midnight or 1 am normally on weekday sessions. Since you are in Methuen if you came by its no issue I assume to get home within 15 mins or so. Ask your friends what would work for them and I would be happy to accommodate anytime next week also.

so is anyone thinking of going to GU tomorrow? i am still undecided. i need to go get some work done on my car but if everyone wants to go i’d be down.

Cant today, but im all in next week.

Nothing happening tomorrow gents as a reminder. GU Friday.

Im leaving later than expected tomorrow like 9pm from my place. There may be a snow storm as well so ill be playing it by ear for GU. If anyone is in fact going ill see ya there. If the snow gets in the way then it’ll be UGS Saturday afternoon for a few hours.

GU Friday if they are having it. Final Round this weekend ya’ll. UMvC3 Regional Battle Royale exhibition! Ill have it up if anyone is free wants to come through for that and some Dave Chapelle episodes lol.

Not sure about Friday. I’m planning to head down there on Saturday for the tournament though. Carpool?

oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/03/tumblr_mk4fowKFHt1s8uu1lo1_400.gif

oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/03/tumblr_mk4fowKFHt1s8uu1lo1_400.gif