New her and a modding/building request for assistance

Hello all,
I am SightlessKombat, a totally blind gamer based in the UK. I play fighting games, rhythm games and am willing to give other genres a try as well, even if they aren’t completely playable/accessible to those with no sight whatsoever like myself.

I was advised to come here by the folks over at <a href=“http://forums.ultra-combo.com”>the ultra-combo.com forums</a>. I frequent there regularly as I am a Killer Instinct player primarily and have posted multiple youtube videos that do, in part, chronicle my journey through the game to my current skill level (such as it is) but also <a href=“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THbVXGulDUE”>allow people to see, at least partially, how a game like this works for players with no vision whatsoever</a>.

Now for the reason I’ve come to TechTalk:

I am currently, with sighted assistance, trying to build my own custom version of a hitbox. However, the main component of this, the Xbox One PCBs, of which there are two, have become rather a mess (in terms of the fact that the soldering process has been tricky and caused problems with finding contacts etc for attaching wires to). Once we have a board with wires going to the various points we need them to work with, we’ll be relatively home and dry as all we’ll do is get some chockblocks and attach them to buttons with extra wire clipped to them to allow for easier button replacement if necessary, make the case etc. However, we are, as previously stated, having issues not only soldering to the board for the Xbox One controler (a standard one without the 3.5mm headset jack), but also finding new ones as replacements for relatively reasonable prices…

Consequently, I was wondering if any of you would be able to solder the wires to the following points on a new board and send that out, as having a true professional do this would be much less hassle and stress on this end.

The contacts I would need soldered are for these buttons:
<ul>
<li>x</li>
<li>y</li>
<li>a</li>
<li>b</li>
<li>Dpad Up</li>
<li>DPad Down</li>
<li>Dpad Lef</li>
<li>Dpad Right</li>
<li>Left Bumper</li>
<li>Right Bumper</li>
<li>Left Trigger</li>
<li>Right Trigger</li>
<li>View</li>
<li>Menu</li>
<li>Sync</li>
<li>Xbox/home/guide Button</li>
</ul>

I understand from reading the modding services post (I can’t recall its exact name), that there is only one modder in the UK seemingly who can work with the kinds of assistance we need for this project. However, I would be willing to hear what others have to say regarding this.

I apologise if this post is rather long, but I thought it best to get my introduction and question into one topic. If I’ve unintentionally put this topic in the wrong place etc, then feel free to move it.

New here and a modding/building request for assistance

If you want to go the DIY route start with Slag Coin slagcoin.com
it will cover all the basics

As for the differences between a an arcade stick and hitbox is that what your directional switches are attached to, electrically its the same.
Although many people will include a SOCD circuit in between the printed circuit board and the directional buttons.

As for pad hacking a Xbox One controller its very direct and forwards but I would recommend a Crossbone interface board to make the job easier.

Thanks for the information. However, the crossbone board looked even more confusing than the original xbox one PCB, though any guides you have on how to do this without too much hassle would be much appreciated.

Also, would you mind posting your reply on the newer version of this post as I edited it to use BB Code instead of HTML and my screen reader wouldn’t allow me to edit the original version (sorry for double posting, forum mods).

There is at the top right corner of your own post this gear icon, click on it and the Edit option comes up.

The Cross bone take place of the B-board for the MS Xbox One controller and plug right into the main board.
On it it has breakouts for all your inputs Except the B button and there minimal soldering involved, you have to solder wires for the triggers which the Crossbone PCB will invert for you.
Otherwise you have to make Inversion circuits your self.
The Crossbone sports to both solder a USB cable and a Micro USB jack

Keep in mind there two versions of the Crossbone, one for the Microsoft Game pads and the other for the Mad Catz TE2 arcade stick.
You can keep the cost down even more by getting the bare Xbox one controller PCB instead of ordering the WHOLE controller.

Since I have no sight whatsoever, I can’t see the gear icon and there’s no clear labelling as to what that icon might be with a screen reader. Thanks for the information. I’ll have to see if I can find a bare PCB

Edit: just somehow managed to find the edit button/link, don’t really know how I managed it though.
Edit 2: Can’t seem to edit my original post though.