Biggest changes I’ve noticed:
- Tsunami kick: Hwo can now link this into his flamingo mp (I’m pretty sure it’s a 1 frame link but it’s much easier on counterhit). Thanks to the 120dmg from flamingo mp, I’ve been able to get meterless boost combos from this of 400 dmg which is pretty nuts.
- Air raid special: Can now definitely combo when hitting crouchers or the feet of standing opponents, making it much more useful for blowing up anti-air normals.
- Better pressure and confirms thanks to buff on cr, mp. I’m still not sure exactly how much quicker it is and the extra frame advantage it has, but I can now link into attacks instead of always having to go for one of his strings to confirm something.
- St mp is a good far range anti-air now. It’s not that necessary against most jumpins since his dp was already very good at beating attacks from most ranges that would hit you. It does come in useful for stuffing neutral jumps and people jumping back in the corner.
- Groundbounce on dynamite heel on airborn foes. This seems useless as far as most combos go.due to it eating up practically all your juggle potential. It does however have use for groundbouncing backdashers on wakeup if timed right. The hp version can even catch chun-li’s backdash and lead to a big combo.
- His flamingo hk also has some anti-air invincibility as well as floating opponents in the air. It’s invincibility spots are pretty weak and it has bad startup so I find it gets beaten out a bunch making it not useful. You can use it similar to dynamite heel to float backdashers, but I think it’s a worse option since it cant hit crouchers. Its best use is probably against neutral jumps and ppl jumping back in the corner. Here’s a nice simple corner combo to punish jumps: Flamingo hk xx dynamite heel, then hard sky rocket.
Nerfs: Biggest nerf in my opinion is his mp chained to hp being much more unsafe due to hp no longer pushing back on a blocked boost combo. But the entire cast has nerfs like this. Still, It hurts Hwoarang’s ability to use longer range footsies to lead into big dmg. Not the end of the world.