New Official Team Making thread! ***READ FIRST POST***

We all have teams we’re thinking about making, or questions about whether our team will work. Thus, this thread!

Some Notes:

If you’re going to post a team, please take the time to read and answer the questions below before you post. Teams that don’t have answers listed will be ignored.

"questions

Spoiler

Marvel VS Capcom 3
Newcomer?s Team Assessment Questionnaire

1. Who characters and teams will you use (in order of selection)?

2. What type of game-play strategy are you pursuing with this team? (Explain)

3. What advantages does your point (first selected) character have?

What disadvantages does your point character have?

What maneuverability options does your point character have?

How will your assists aid your point character?

1. What advantages does your secondary character have?

What disadvantages does your secondary character have?

What maneuverability options does your secondary character have?

How will your assists aid your secondary character?

1. What advantages does your last character have?

What maneuverability options does your last character have?

How will your assists aid your last character?

1. What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?

2. What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?

3. What are some of the weaknesses of your team?

4. After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?

Also, lets try to stay productive and on-topic. Lets do this!

I was playing mvc3 online last night

Zero, Amaterasu, Dr. Doom

Spoiler

1.Who does your team consist of (in order of selection)?
Zero, Amaterasu, Dr. Doom

2.What assists will your characters use (in order of selection)?
Zero (Hadangeki) Amaterasu (Cold Star) Dr. Doom (Molecular Shield)

3.What type of game-play strategy are you pursuing with this team? (Explain)
Zero is on point to put that nasty pressure on the opponents, hopefully picking off one or two characters before he dies. His combos and damage output seem to be pretty insane. He’ll use Cold Star as a means to get in and to lock them down, and Molecular Shield to lock them down as well. Both assists should allow him to use his command dash to provide silly cross-up attempts. If an opponent is particularly hard to crack open, I can utilize both assists along with his Z-Buster and Hadangeki to zone moderately well.

Ammy’s role is support/back up point character. Her options seem almost unlimited right now, so I’ll be able to do essentially the same thing as Zero on point, but with an 8-way air dash and better zoning capabilities with the beads/Okami Shuffle super. Molecular Shield will help with her zoning and lockdown and Hadangeki will give her another tool to zone with.

Dr. Doom will be my anchor, so I plan on using him to mostly run and chip with plasma beam and golden showers. He’s also got an 8-way air dash, so if it comes down to Doom vs ? then maybe I can get in their ass pretty easily with it. If he’s on point before the others die, Cold Star will greatly help his mix-up and Hadangeki will help him zone.

4.What advantages does your point (first selected) character have?
Long, damaging combos. (Probably will have 100% on some characters if early XFAC is used.) Good mobility - Air dash & Command dash that goes through enemies. Good supers, REALLY good level 3. The option to rush with a side of tricky zoning.

Low health, no 8-way air dash

Straight forward air dash, command dash that goes through enemies.

Both assists will help him zone and lock down, which is beautiful. Plus once I have the enemy in place with Cold Star (Block) I can use his command dash and safely try to cross them up.

5.What advantages does your secondary character have?
Tools, so many tools. Has the option to do virtually anything and do it well. Tiny hit box that will let her duck underneath a lot of beams. Very good zoning options and what I’m claiming to be one of the best supers in the game. (Elements - Okami Shuffle) Someone tries to rush? Use Molecular Shield and Paper Slashes, Counter SPD and Mist super to get them off. Someone tries to zone? Use both assists, beads, Counter Reflector and Okami Shuffle to shut that shit down.

Again, low health. I honestly can’t think of another con for Ammy yet, she just seems so good.

8-Way air dash, dash attacks that let her stay in the air and a small hit box that lets her get around things others may not be able to get around. Also, her Mist super will put her at an advantage if someone is faster.

Molecular Shield will help her zone and lock enemies down. While they’re blocking the rocks, I can use the air dash to mess with their head. Hadangeki will just be an extra zoning tool, it’s slow Sonic Boom travel speed may also let me play mind games.

6.What advantages does your last character have?
Slightly above average health. 8-way air dash if I need to mix things up. Plasma Beam does INSANE chip and comes out pretty damn quickly. Photon Shots, while nerfed, will still be annoying and hard to get around. His level 3 will probably be easy to combo into, if I have the meter to burn. Also, his jumping gun attack still looks awesome.

Lacking in anti air, mediocre supers. Combos may not be all that great.

8-way air dash and a flight mode which probably won’t be good for too much.

Provided they’re alive, Cold Star will allow him to zone and/or mix-up once the enemy is locked down in it. Hadangeki will cover the space underneath his jumping gun normal.

7.What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?
I don’t usually waste my meters on DHC’s in MvC2 and probably won’t in this game either unless I’m switching out. Either way, all of my characters have safe DHC options. Rekkoha -> Elements or Rekkoha -> Mist might be very useful though.

8.What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?
Assuming the hypers would be Rekkoha, Elements and the Doom super that shoots up then back down, I’ll say that at the very least, my team hypers will cover the screen, resulting in unavoidable chip damage. I still don’t think these will be worth the meter.

9.What are some of the weaknesses of your team?
Lack of health and my last character may not operate so well by himself. Time will tell.

10.After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?
Extremely. I think this team will be very, very hard to beat if played properly. That said, I better watch my ass, because Zero and Ammy will die quickly if I’m too reckless.

of course :stuck_out_tongue:

Other one is gonna get locked once preppy sees my PM

Hey guys, I’ve been thinking about a pseudo-keepaway team centered around Trish. Please offer any help you can!

Questions/answers below in the spoilers.

Trish Team (Trish/Dorm/Morg)

[details=Spoiler]1. Who does your team consist of (in order of selection)?
Trish/Dormammu/Morrigan

2. What assists will your characters use (in order of selection)?
Low Voltage/Dark Hole/Shadow Blade

3. What type of game-play strategy are you pursuing with this team? (Explain)
I feel like this team is sort of a hybrid team, but I want to play mostly keep-away with it. Trish is my on-point character, and from what I?ve seen, she seems very strong. Her trap abilities and fast projectiles make her good at controlling the screen. Dormammu as well, will obviously be very good at keep-away. Morrigan, though traditionally a rushdown character, seems to actually be moderately competent as keep-away too. However, if I am playing Morrigan, I will more than likely be trying to play her as rush-down with the help of Low Voltage assist.

4. What advantages does your point (first selected) character have?
Trish is a very versatile character that can play either keep-away or rushdown. Her dive-kick, eight-way air dash, and multitude of traps seem to make her good in just about any situation.

** What disadvantages does your point character have?*
Trish has low health. Not only that, but because of her versatility she can be out-done by a ?truer? archetype character. She?ll be out-rushed by Wolvie, and out-zone by MODOK.

** What maneuverability options does your point character have?*
Flight, eight-way air dash.

** How will your assists aid your point character?*
Morrigan?s shadow blade assist will be great for Trish. In the moments in which I?m feeling helpless against a rushdown character, I can hopefully use Shadow Blade as a GTFO assist. Also, Shadow Blade will help Trish control even more of the screen. Dark Hole will also be kind of nice. If I feel like rushing down, dark hole will lock an opponent in place for a short while, and let Trish get in. Also, the lag time from Dark Hole can cover Trish as she puts up a trap.

5. What advantages does your secondary character have?
Dormammu seems to be a fantastic keep-away character. He has an amazing anti-air (purification), a great projectile attack, easy-to-combo-into hypers, and his ground-fire move seems great at keeping people off of him. Also, his teleport will be good for hairy situations.

** What disadvantages does your secondary character have?*
He has low health, and less-than-great normals. Also, many of his moves are horrible on whiff.

** What maneuverability options does your secondary character have?*
Air-dash, teleport.

** How will your assists aid your secondary character?*
Low Voltage will act as an extra nuke on-the-side. Low Voltage assist covers a surprisingly huge amount of the screen, because Trish shoots three projectiles. It can hit both grounded and air-borne opponents. Shadow Blade again shines, however, as Dormammu is a character that really doesn?t want to get hit. If someone is trying to rush his shit down, Shadow Blade will again act as a GTFO move.

6. What advantages does your last character have?
Morrigan seems to be a rushdown character with some variety. Her Soul Fist seems surprisingly good, and she has a great high-low game. Her parabolic dashes make her both confusing, and incredibly mobile.

Morrigan is a great rushdown character, but on a team built more around keep-away, she won?t be able to shine as much as she would on a team built around her. Also, her hypers, save for the mirror image one, seem lackluster.

** What maneuverability options does your last character have?*
Parabolic air-dashes, flight.

** How will your assists aid your last character?*
Both Low Voltage and Dark Hole could help Morrigan a decent amount. When dashing in, I could use Low Voltage assist to cover Morrigan and keep her relatively safe, as Low Voltage covers a rather large portion of the screen. Basically, I?d use Low Voltage as a sort of ghetto doom rocks. Dark Hole could be helpful for locking opponents down due to it?s multiple hits. Also, if I feel like laming people out (jumping back and soul fist spamming) extra projectile assists can?t hurt.

7. What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?
The DHC aspect of this team is rather weak. However, I feel like I?ll be burning most meter on Round Harvest/Stalking Flare anyway. Maximum Voltage DHC Chaotic Flame would work probably. If I air-comboed into Morrigan?s missile super, Chaotic flame might connect off of it. If all else fails, DHC into Stalking Flare/Round Harvest to safely tag someone out, and to chip damage.

8. What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?
A bunch of chip damage, I would imagine. They are mostly projectile hypers. I don?t think I?ll be using team hyper combos much, though.

9. What are some of the weaknesses of your team?
I feel like my team might fall victim to a ?dedicated team.? A pure rushdown team might screw Trish and Mammu over near-instantly. A pure zoning team might give Trish and Morrigan no chance.

10. After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?
Yes.
[/details]

Please, and tips and criticisms are appreciated!

Stark and Kids

[details=Spoiler]1. Who characters and teams will you use (in order of selection)?

Gonna start with one familiar and 2 newbies:

Iron Man (anti-air assist)
Dante (weasel shot assist)
X23 (low attack assist)

I’m familiar with Iron Man from days gone by, so he’s on point to break the ice. When I get aerial with flight mode or some smart bombs to delay my fall, Dante will be used to lock people down. When I dash in for some personal “flurry of attacks”, X23 will keep them honest as I try my best tri-jump impersonation. Iron Man isn’t meant to remain on point, however. I need his safe unibeams to build meter.

This is when the team’s real point gets in, Dante. Hopefully I’ll develop a pressure game using X23’s low assist to open up some Devil Trigger bat downs. In the event that Dante is knocked astray, Iron Man’s anti-air assist will cover incoming offenses from which Dante can teleport and reverse the barrage. This some serious theory fighting, though.

3. What advantages does your point (first selected) character have? What disadvantages does your point character have? What maneuverability options does your point character have? How will your assists aid your point character?

Iron Man has my experience and his familiar approach working together to alleviate the baby steps I’ll have with X23 and Dante. He isn’t the fastest guy on the team, in fact the slowest is he. Though his tri-jump, or MvC3’s version of it, may come in handy. Dante’s downward pistols and X23’s low assist cover his air and ground approach respectively.

4. What advantages does your secondary character have? What disadvantages does your secondary character have? What maneuverability options does your secondary character have? How will your assists aid your secondary character?

Dante is the new everyman, and the central gear of this team. His DT combos and teleport will be my focal techniques for him. I plan on throwing quit a bit with him, upsetting the tempo of the match. He doesn’t have great hp, and I have a lot to learn with him.

5. What advantages does your last character have? What disadvantages does your last character have? What maneuverability options does your last character have? How will your assists aid your last character?

It’s no coincidence that the fastest character will not be on point often. Her assist is great, and I’m counting on her speed being the advantage against the remainder of the opponent’s team. A combination of X-Factor and her ‘beast hops’ should tip the scales… if I get that familiar with her. Her speed at that point can likely throw me off at first. Unfortunately, on point she may have great use for Iron Man’s assist, but not so much Dante’s. I also plan on throwing a lot with her to break pace.

6. What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?

Anti-air Proton Cannon xx Devil Trigger (to anti-air pistols?)
Weapon X Combo xx Devil Trigger (to launch?)

7. What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?

Gonna assume Iron Man will blaze the sky while Dante shoots ahead. Not sure what X23 will be up to, presumably her flash kick hyper. Her hyper with Dante’s bullets should do considerable chip.

8. What are some of the weaknesses of your team?

I’m not proficient with 2/3rd of the team yet. And technically the whole team as Iron Man isn’t exactly his MvC2 form.

9. After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?

Yes. But there’s more to see, and who knows who will be on my team months ahead.[/details]

Jill will almost certainly be on my main team, but I have no info on her. may revise tomorrow!

I actually played that team (Morrigan / Dormammu / Trish) at NYCC, but things are a bit different now so meh.

It certainly felt solid, though it has huge problems if Morrigan dies (mind you, I was playing with two point and running Trish for support and chip with Peekaboo / Sparda). Peekaboo seems better for rushdown Morrigan while Low Voltage is better for zoning, so yeah - low voltage all the way. Possibly Liberation rather than Dark Hole if it ends up being worth it - the move is godlike, though awkward.

>_>…

i think this would be a better idea post launch. a bit early IMO

You won’t get it out of me copper, I’m no rat! At least, not until March.

huzzah!

Team “Laser Claws” (I don’t know why I laugh at this name as much as I do, lol)

Spoiler

1.Who does your team consist of (in order of selection)?
Amaterasu/Felicia/Iron Man

2.What assists will your characters use (in order of selection)?
Cold Star/Rolling Buckler/Repulsor Blast

3.What type of game-play strategy are you pursuing with this team? (Explain)
mostly an RTSD strategy, but with additional adaptability with minor zoning tools

4.What advantages does your point (first selected) character have?
Amaterasu is able to play all different sorts of angles thanks to her different weapons

Reflector looks to be the rushdown weapon of choice, as well as a good degree of defense with her counters.

Glaive seems to allow for great OTG (jumping C) as well as longer range to beat out faster characters (plus it’s been shown that you can switch Reflector>Glaive midcombo)

Her Rosary seems absolutley evil for zoning purposes, and she’s able to use her Cold Star in this stance allowing for some evil projectile shenanigans plus her Power Slash

Her stamina’s not the greatest, plus due to her weapon changing style, she doesn’t have all of her tools always available to her, which can be a real hindrance (Zappa taught me that D:)

she has a cancellable (albeit somewhat slow) 8 way airdash

and I believe she has a dashing special (though I’ve yet to see it)

Felicia’s Rolling Buckler will help Ammy with rushdown by allowing mixups/unblockables, whereas Iron Man’s Repulsor Blast helps with Ammy’s zoning/defensive game

5.What advantages does your secondary character have?
Felicia looks like she’s shaping up to be a rushdown beast, with her fast overheads, Kitty Helper, and invicible running special, she sounds like a nightmare (and I mean that in the best way possible, lol)

Her air game is pretty lacking, and defensively she doesn’t have much going on, she lacks versatility in her playstyle, she rushes down great, but can’t do diddly otherwise (except charge meter, but that’s something else :D)

Her Cat Run seems like a good way to mixup and close in on the opponent, she can use Delta Kick to jump out of the way of projectiles (it’s pretty quick too), as well as Rolling Buckler and Cat Spike, hell everything this girl does outside of Sand Splash/Hellcat/Charge has forward momentum

Cold Star assist give Felicia some great help on maintaining pressure up close, as well as snuffing ground based approaches, Repulsor Blast gives Felicia a much needed AAA, between the two I’m sure it won’t be too hard to get some meter charging in with Felicia as well :smiley:

6.What advantages does your last character have?
Dat Unibeam, good ranged normals, awesome triangel jump, Proton Cannon is a gdlk Hyper, plus he has more health than both my other characters, giving him a more meaty rushdown than Felicia/Ammy

His moves leave him really open if they whiff, seems like he’ll be really punishable if he makes any mistakes

flight mode, 8 way, triangle jumps

Cold Star helps him with pressure (can apply cover to make unsafe moves safer, etc.), and Rolling Buckler helps with mixup/unblockables (does IM have any standing overheads?)

7.What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?
Dancing Flash>Proton Cannon>Elements for a full DHC (or I could probably manage Dancing Flash>Elements>(Angled)Proton Cannon)

as far as for switching characters I figure i can DHC into Kitty Helper for Felicia, and Elements/Mist for Ammy, from whatever (Iron Man kinda only has the one option here sadly, but thankfully it’s easy to combo into PC to set up any of my other DHCs)

8.What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?
I don’t think I’ll end up using THC’s much, although they sound kinda evil if Ammy’s Mist Hyper can be used in conjunction with Proton Cannon for a THC, fullscreen punish anyone?

9.What are some of the weaknesses of your team?
Not quite sure yet, theoretically it sounds pretty solid imo, but that’s the kind of thing I wouldn’t really be able to answer 'til I actually got my hands on the game sadface

10.After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?
Definitely, now I’m almost as hyped to play this team as I am Morr/Zero/Viper :smiley:

One Does Not Simply Walk Into MO/Dor

[details=Spoiler]1. Who characters and teams will you use (in order of selection)?
Dormammu/MODOK/Shuma Gorath(trish for first month)

Trap-based combinations and unusual gimmicks. For instance: Dormammu’s Liberation assist(stigma) to lock down the opponent for Shuma’s Chaos Dimension.

Dormammu is one of the best keepaway characters in the game with many tools to immobilize the opponent and create unusual combo setups.

Relatively low health and slow startup on his moves.

8-way air dash, teleport

MODOK’s barrier assist covers many projectiles that Dormammu has trouble with, as well as giving him charge time and a mini wall if he teleports.

4. What advantages does your secondary character have?

MODOK can fill the screen with projectiles while keeping himself very safe and out of reach.

Bad normals and low-damage output.

2 flight modes

Liberation for keepaway, peekaboo for anti-air, ???

5. What advantages does your last character have?

High-damage hypers, unblockable timed projectiles create odd setups/great trap character with amazing lockdown

transparency for both characters

very little/8-way air dash,flight mode

liberation to give shuma a chance to attack, barrier to protect him/liberation to lock down during zoning

6. What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?

all have straight beam-esque moves for easy DHC tags.

7. What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?

Just straight up damage.

Very little comeback potential with a single character.

9. After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?

yes.[/details]

Zero/Chun Li/Phoenix

Spoiler

1. Who does your team consist of (in order of selection)?
Zero/Chun Li/Phoenix

Hadangeki (this assist will likely be changed on a per matchup basis)/Lightning Legs/TK Overdrive

This will be a high-speed rushdown/lockdown team. Zero will get in close and use Chun and Phoenix’s assists to do block strings into cross-up mix ups until I’ve built up nearly 5 bars of meter. At that point I will attempt to either combo into a dry tag or variable counter to bring in Phoenix. I’ll use slow TK Shots and Hadangeki to set up a safe teleport and will attempt to combo into Phoenix Fury, then DHC into Zero’s level 3, starting the process over again. If Phoenix dies, she should have enough meter to turn into Dark Phoenix, at which point I attempt to chip the opponent to death, using Phoenix Fury to DHC into Sougenmu if I reach 5 bars again and just keep throwing meter at Sogenmuu, switching to Phoenix again if I need to refill my meter.

Zero is extremely maneuverable, especially at close range, but still has two projectiles he can use if he is at full range. His cross up game is also good. He can also do extremely long combos without using any meter, so he can easily build a large amount of meter, and he has a good anti-air.

He has extremely low health, no easy way to cross the entire screen quickly, and his high/low mix up game is also somewhat weak.

Air/ground dash, double jump (might have been removed?), command dash, dive attack, and 3-way flying attack

Both Chun and Phoenix’s assists will allow Zero time to maneuver into position to attempt a cross up, making it very hard for an opponent to escape his lockdown.

Chun Li is extremely fast, can continue a combo after Houyokusen, has an anti-air, and has a fireball if she ever finds herself full screen against a grappler.

Her health is also extremely low and she doesn’t have a hyper she can do in mid-air.

Down-angled air dash, triple jump, ground dash

Zero’s Hadangeki will help her if she ever needs to zone a grappler out and Phoenix’s TK Overdrive will allow her to keep a block string going.

Phoenix is fast, mobile, has both fast and slow projectiles with tracking. In Dark Phoenix mode she has insane chip and meter gain.

Dies in one combo, needs 5 bars of meter to be safe

Flight, 8-way air dash, ground dash, teleport

Hadangeki will help her put her opponent into block stun so she can teleport in and Lightning Legs will keep them locked down so she can do mix ups or chip them to death.

7. What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?
Rekoha->Kikosho, any Chun hyper->Phoenix Fury, Phoenix Fury->Shoryudan Reppuujin should all hit cleanly. Phoenix Fury->Rekoha should hit if I haven’t used up my OTG in that combo. Rekoha->Houyokusen might hit and allow some of that meter to be gained back on the combo afterwards, which could go into an air exchange into a Phoenix Fury, which may give me enough meter to throw out Shoryudan Reppuujin. I also have Phoenix Fury->Sougenmu and any Chun hyper->Healing Field available.

8. What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?
I doubt I’ll ever be using it and don’t know the moves that will wind up coming out, but Rekoha/Kikosho/Phoenix Fury seems like they would OTG and then all hit together.

A zoning team will give Zero some trouble if I can’t get him in early, so I will likely need to switch to Phoenix or Chun to try to break through. This team also has possibly the least health total in the game.

10. After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?
Yes.

Zero/Amaterasu/Wesker

Spoiler

Zero/Amaterasu/Wesker

Ryuejin/Cold Star/Samurai Edge

This is mostly a support team to cover for Zero’s weaknesses, while still having good synergy between the other characters and characters that compliment each others weaknesses.

Zero is extremely maneuverable, especially at close range, but still has two projectiles he can use if he is at full range. His cross up game is also good. He can also do extremely long combos without using any meter, so he can easily build a large amount of meter, and he has a good anti-air.

He has extremely low health, no easy way to cross the entire screen quickly, and his high/low mix up game is also somewhat weak.

Air/ground dash, double jump (might have been removed?), command dash, dive attack, and 3-way flying attack

Cold Star will lock down an opponent from a distance, allowing Zero to get in safely, and can continuing being used for a nice, long lockdown at close range. Samurai Edge will allow Zero to set up unblockables.

Amaterasu is dangerous at any range, depending on her weapon, including counters, rapid projectiles, and very nice mid-range or long-range normals. She has a good full-screen hyper and a slow hyper.

Once again, low health. She also doesn’t have nearly as much mobility as the other characters in the team. Her brush slash is also not that great of an anti-air and she doesn’t have much in the way of lockdown outside of her :m:.

Ground dash, cancelable zip line

Ryuenjin will help her zone and anti-air, and Samurai Edge will let her set up unblockables if she gets in close.

Wesker has a very fast dash, multiple teleports, a command grab, counters (including a hyper counter), good health, and high damage. His Phantom Dance is easy to DHC into and out of and is safe on block.

Slow walk speed, weak anti-air, mediocre lockdown, no air mobility

Ground dash, teleports

Cold Star will help pin down opponents and Ryuenjin will give him a good answer to airborne opponents.

Rekoha->Elements, Elements->Phantom Dance, Phantom Dance->Shoryudan Reppuujin should all combo. Phantom Dance->Rekoha, if I haven’t OTGed yet. Rekoha->Mist is also an option that may set up some follow up combos. Mist->Counter could also set up some combos and cover Ammy if I don’t want to block a full-screen melee hyper. Phantom Dance->Sogenmu is an interesting option because it could be timed so that Zero comes out next to the opponent on either side of them for instant pressure and a weak mix up.

Rekoha/Elements/Phantom Dance (probably the only THC this team could have) should OTG and get all hits.

This team is designed to minimize weaknesses when working together, so losing a member hurts it. Zero and Ammy have low health, too, so this will likely happen every fight. It also isn’t as focused as other teams might be, so it doesn’t have a strong gimmick going for it.

Yes.

Taskmaster/Morrigan/Hsien Ko

Spoiler

Taskmaster/Morrigan/Hsien Ko

Aim of Hawkeye(forward)/Shadow Blade/Gong

This team is centered around allowing Taskmaster to beat other characters at their own game. He’ll use Hsien-Ko’s gong assist, Aim of Hawkeye, and his projectile counter to attack zoning characters and use Shadow Blade, j. :h:, and counters to keep rushdown characters at bay.

Taskmaster has good health, great normals, lots of hits on his projectiles, counters for every situation, and has really long combos for building meter. His arrow hyper also hits extremely fast and can OTG.

• What disadvantages does your point character have?*
    He has few options for closing distance and his speed isn’t very impressive. His overhead is slow, making his mix up game weak, and he doesn’t have a traditional anti-air.

Spidey Swing, ground dash

Shadow Blade controls a lot of space in front of him and Hsien-Ko’s gong gives him projectile dominance on the ground.

Morrigan has very good close-range mobility and high/low mixups. Astral Vision also improves her combo output and allows safe DHCs.

Her health is fairly low and she doesn’t have any way to cover a lot of ground quickly. Her supers are also hard to combo into.

Parabolic dashes (air and ground), flight

Aim of Hawkeye will (in theory) lock an opponent down while Morrigan makes her approach and/or does her mix ups. Hsien-Ko’s gong will help against opponents trying to zone her out with projectiles.

(This is probably the least thought-out section, because she’s mostly just here for the gong assist.)
Hsien-Ko has a strong OTG super, a juggling hyper, and a super armor hyper. She has good close-range moves and projectiles.

Very slow approach speed.

Air walk

Shadow Blade for anti-air and Aim of Hawkeye for lockdown and helping her approach.

This team is pretty weak on DHC comboing, except into Taskmaster’s arrow hyper, so its main DHCs will likely be into Astral Vision or Dark Force. I can also probably DHC into Tenraiha easily if I haven’t used my OTG. Cheireitou and Shadow Servant shouldn’t be too bad for DHCs.

Arrow hyper/… something? I probably won’t be using this, but most possibilities should hit completely.

This team is focused on minimizing the limitation of its lack of speed while still being a mostly rushdown team. It should be strong against traditional rushdown or zoning, but may fall to a gimmick team that can force it into unfavorable spacing.

Yes.

I’ll be editing my other teams into this post later.

No Shuma gameplay and he already has amazing lockdown! Can’t wait to use his blockstring loop.

But lol, let’s wait until we have gameplay for him until we decide how he plays?

Lol @ Shuma teams. I told you guys people were going to completely ignore the logic behind this.

Anyways.

"Team TSA - givin’ you the pat down

[details=Spoiler]
Trish (Peekaboo) / Storm (Whirlwind) / Amaterasu (Cold Star)

Rushdown/Lockdown

Trish has excellent normals. Zoning, keepaway and rushdown capabilities. Spamable lvl 1 for awesome chip.

none

8-way airdash & flight

Both my assist will cause blockstun that keeps them in place long enough for Trish to rush in.

Shes Storm.

Storm is GDLK.

I just told you it was Storm.

Trish will keep them from jumping in like a moron. Amaterasu will keep them hold them down. Both assist give combo opportunity.

Amaterasu does the same thing as Trish and Storm. I have a team of triplets.

What disadvantages does your last character have?
Low HP.

8-way airdash & LA x3 in multiple directions

Trish Boomerang xx Storm Ice Storm xx Amaterasu Elements. Chip chip motherfucking chip.

Could have higher HP.

All other teams will be free.[/details]

gah I go do something else and it’s already overwhelming :stuck_out_tongue:

Jprem: you can use Tridash with IM, so rolling buckler should be really good for him.

Cauldrath, yeah I’m worried about the health in that team too, you have some pretty good approach options tho, if yer willing to risk phoenix. Learn to block better than I can!

God’s Beard: AA? ><

Kalyx: Dante’s j.A is amazingly good as a crossup AND overhead, if you can get the approach down, that’ll really mess folks up with ankle slicer ><

Rorsh: I think you’ll have a bit less trouble with rushdown than you think, Trish is a real bitch to rush >< I’m really surprised btw that you’re using low voltage lol, I don’t think anybody ever picks it ;D (Not saying yo ushouldn’t, just surprised.)

Edit: Strangevision, lol dunno what to say :stuck_out_tongue: I like you confidence :smiley: Seems a bit fragile tho’ ><

I think thats everybody that’s posted so far :smiley: I really like the sound of my own theory so I’m gonna try to respond to everybody with what I think, at least a little bit.

Also for fun, her’es mine.

"Team Darkstalkerslol

Spoiler

Marvel VS Capcom 3
Newcomer?s Team Assessment Questionnaire

Felicia/Rolling Buckler, Morrigan/Shadow Blade, Hsien Ko/Pendulum (or Gong vs projectile teams)

1. What type of game-play strategy are you pursuing with this team? (Explain)

Depends osmewhat on point, but its essentially a rushdown team. If Felicia is point, it’s mix-ups with some graphical distraction from pendulum. When Morrigan is up its pretty standard tridash rushdown, and Hsien Ko is kinda the anchor. If they’re being cowardly I can rush them with gong-covered IAD overheads, but if I need to battery there’s always the ol’ stand back, gong, throw crap.

1. What advantages does your point (first selected) character have?

Super fast, extremely good mixups (up/down and front/back). She can provide her own unblockables, and has a native ‘normal’ OTG. I’m not really counting on kitty helper too much tho’, mainly crossups (hopefully). I think you can avoid chip entirely from slow hypers with her teleport, not sure yet tho’

Pushblock is bad for her, altho you can recover some with Cat Spike or Delta kick. Also, her AA and air combos seem pretty weak.

Slow teleport, a number of special moves that move her forward quickly.

Morrigan for AAA (badly needed), Hsien Ko hopefully will be used to make it so they can’t properly see what I’m doing with my mix-up game, to make it easier to trap them. Also Chip. Vs heavy zoners (arthur/chris) gong to make approach easier.

1. What advantages does your secondary character have?

Very very fast. Tridash, flight, moderate zoning abilities, air-comboable supers.

Low health (but not bottom rung), poor inherent OTG options.

Parabolic Dash, Flightmode.

Rolling buckler gives good unblockables with trijump. Pendulum seems like it’ll be a bit hard to use to cover approach (due to slow startup), but under armor would be excellent. Gong would be great approach cover.

1. What advantages does your last character have?

A TON of options, near invulnerability to projectiles. Super armor Hyper. Strong OTG.

Relatively slow movement, AA doesn’t seem good to me.

Swinging/cancelable air special, long range airdash, ground dash crosses up.

She’s kinda the weak link as far as using other’s assists goes. Morgz AAA is still really handy for her tho’, and IAD overheads (or Tenraiha overheads) + buckler for unblockables.

1. What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?

That’s a major weakness of this team. Missiles > Dancing flash MIGHT work, and dancing flash > tenraiha should work too, but morrigan is in general bad for DHC’s in my opinion, and so is felicia.

1. What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?

I don’t intend to use it, I suspect it’ll be terrible :stuck_out_tongue:

1. What are some of the weaknesses of your team?

Moderately low health and defensive options, not perfect synergy with third character. Bad DHC’s

1. After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?
    yes, Very :stuck_out_tongue:

i think he is talking about trish not shuma

Wondering about this team. I’m pretty set that I want to keep my first two guys (though someone random will fill in until I unlock the first guy…Haggar, maybe). But the third member is one I’ve tossed around SO MUCH. The one i’ve posted here is the one I’ve most strongly considered. And she’s the one I’m most likely to go with (despite what my friend tells me I’m supposed to do…)

EDIT: New post made.

lol phoenix always makes me nervous. I’d suggest using Tasky’s arrow assist (the upward one) you seem a bit weak on AA otherwise ><

This

seriously…wtf?

its mainly an exercise in people thinking about what they want to do, that’s the main advantage over the old thread.

Also, why so negative?

"SDS - Spencer, Doom, Sentinel

Spoiler

1. Who characters and teams will you use (in order of selection)?**
    Spencer
    Doom
    Sentinel

I honestly have no certain idea yet. I’d like to take advantage of Doom and Sentinels assists to help Spencer get close with his grapple zip. Keep the pressure with the assists and try and have Spencer stay in as much as possible.

If Spencer gets taken out, I’d try and get Sentinel in as fast as possible. Since Sentinel looks like to be built like a brick shithouse, I wanna try and get in fast, do some damage, and then keep the opponent out a bit with his various Dones/Drone Bombs.

Spencer has some pretty awesome health, he looks like he has above average and is damaging. Along with his mobility, he probably is able to move across the screen with no problems.

Armor Breaker looks like a great attack, giving a wall bounce for a free combo and/or hyper combo. Which leads to Bionic Arm, from what i’ve heard, is supposed to be SUPER fast, which will be great for punishes.

I’m not sure how great his combo are and I also am not sure how well his walk speed is. His assists don’t seem that great either.
What maneuverability options does your point character have?**
Zip Line looks pretty fast, that is going to help out a lot getting across the screen. Spencers dash also looks like it’s pretty good and covers a lot of the floor.

I’m still not sure on assists.

My options are:
Doom
- Doom Rocks
- Doom Missiles
- Laser Shot

All of them great. Might even be able to switch out either of them. Rocks looks like it’s still great for pressure, despite its slower start up. Missiles are homing and hard to see when they come out, this could serve a great purpose. Laser Shot is supposed to be pretty fast and beat out a lot of projectiles though.

Sentinel (if i read correctly from the sentinel thread)
- Rocket Punch
- Drones
- Bombing Drones

all 3 again, look great. Rocket Punch will probably provide some OTG options. Drones look almost as good as they did in 2, another assist to keep good pressure. I’m iffy on the Bombing Drones. They do look good because it covers the entire floor, but i’m not sure if that hits low or not.

Doom looks like he’s got some simple yet effective combos. Laser Shot looks fast as fuck. Butter Gun, probably going to be great like in 2. Hidden Missiles is probably going to be Dooms new and best tools. They come out pretty sneaky. It could be great to call out Sentinel assist to cover Doom, then do the missiles so the opponent doesn’t see it come out at all.

Apparently Doom has a pretty lame dash, like in 2. His Photon Array hyper doesn’t seem to be that damaging. Rocks has lame start up and the input has been changed to DP motion. not something i’m a fan of, but i’ll deal with it.

He’s got flight, thats all I can think of.

Sentinel is pretty huge, so he might be able to cover Doom in some tricky situations. It could be great to call out Sentinel assist to cover Doom, then do the missiles so the opponent doesn’t see it come out at all.

Sentinel looks like a beast. Super Armor on his sweep and launcher is going to help. Launcher has a straight anti air could be devastating. Comboing into and after Hyper Sentinel Force will lead to some damaging combos, just like in 2.

not having full super armor is lame set back. no more chip damage normals. rocket punch doesn’t go full screen anymore either, no bueno.

Pretty decent dash and flight. good enough.

How will your assists aid your last character?**
I honestly don’t know yet.

Bionic Arm -> Hyper Sentinel Force?
Photon Array/air Photon Array -> Hyper Sentinel Force?
Photon Array -> Bionic Arm?
Hyper Sentinel Force -> Doom Level 3?
Hard Drive -> Bionic Arm?

I’ll be testing all of these

I have no idea. I don’t think I’ll ever use this option. Seems like a big waste of meter.

Dooms mobility will be a big set back, compared to Spencer and Sentinel. Chip damage is going to be rough to get. I don’t think anyone on my team does great chip damage.

Even more comfortable than I originally was, now that I got to think of their options

feel free for input, opinions, etc etc