New PS3/PS2 adaptor: Good or No?

Hey, just found this : http://store.theantcommandos.com/Universal-PS2-PS3-Adapter-p/gtr-ps3-adpt.htm
anyone used this before??? Or if someone plans on getting it, someone could test if its lag free???

I should be getting mine this week. I’ll review it soon.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=132493

that controller adapter thread isnt the best. there are MANY small name companies that arent listed.

As the person who put together the thread, I take offense to that. Why would I name EVERY SINGLE adapter out there when no one has any idea if it works well or not? Why put the name of 10 different PS2->PS3 adapters that all have lag? No point.

Hahah dude that’s awsome and nice of you. I can tell you have some tech-monkey curiosity in you because I’ll bet you already own two Pelicans. :bgrin:

This looks very promising!!!

He owns like 20 of them.

Aight cool stuff, thanks. And for people talking about the controller thread, yes i should’ve posted there. My bad. I was just excited about this ‘promising’ adapter and wanted to attract some views.

Pelican 4 life.

I wish I could say the same but I don’t exactly feel like shelling out 100$ for one of those things on ebay.

The Pelican is garbage.

This thread should be closed. There is an entire huge fucking thread just for converters.

“As the person who put together the thread, I take offense to that. Why would I name EVERY SINGLE adapter out there when no one has any idea if it works well or not? Why put the name of 10 different PS2->PS3 adapters that all have lag? No point.”

I think there is a point. Then you know which ones don’t have lag lol. I see a pretty big point in that. I myself have a pelican and thank you for your thread, but I think if its too be thorough, even ones that dont work should be included, because someone dumb (me) will buy other converters because they think it is some uncovered gem.

suddenly there’s a huge flux of pelicans on ebay. lol

haha. i’m reminded of a funny quote from donald rumesfeld. he basically broke down information into 4 categories:

known good
known bad
known unknown
unknown unknown

its confusing - but its true. the 4th category can be thrown out - but a true 1 stop repository should have the first 3 accounted for… as they all serve a purpose. even the known unknown… as someone like MarkMan may intentionally try something untested so that his discovery can help the greater community in the future.

Sometimes I wonder if you think before you post

By the way, the manager of the EB near my place informed me there’s a new converter coming out soon, not sure on the company though.

word. got each for 10 bucks.

Lucky you. Living in Woodbridge I can’t find anything of rarity that is tech-related.

Lets see…the Pelican is a laggy converter going for way too much money.

And there is a thread just for converters, therefore, any converter questions should be in here.

Now what is there to think about?