Howdy. Obviously we need a new mix.
What follows is the list of stages and songs you can pick between. Ideally, JUST vote for 6 stage songs + the select screen song + training stage song. Suggesting new songs would be counterproductive at this point. Get on the next boat for that.
I’m planning on using Beat It and Bjork’s Untitled because I like those a lot. Six slots left. Untitled can be vetoed if you don’t like it, but I agree that Beat It is a key Seattle song.
Select Screen <-- important
8 Match Stages <-- important
3 Stages Abyss
Training Stage <-- less important
Michael Jackson: Beat It
Candidates (Most votes wins, you get a maximum of six stage votes)
*** Akira: Exodus from the Underground Fortress
And One: Panzermensch (?)
Antiloop: Believe (Radio Mix) (don’t have/know it)
Art of Noise: Instruments of Darkness [Prodigy Mix]
The Avalanches: Rezonate the Afrikan Jungle
Bassbin Twins: Out of Hand
** Beastie Boys: Sabotage
** Chemical Brothers: Block Rockin Beats
Cosmic Gate: Exploration of Space (Club 10" Mix) – for Ice Stage?
- Crystal Method: Name of the Game
*** Daft Punk: Aerodynamic
- DJ Shadow: Giving up the Ghost
DJ Shadow: High Noon
- Fatboy Slim: Next to Nothing
Fusion Orchestra: Farfisa
*** Girl Talk: Bounce That
- Hollertronix: Here Miura vs Pull Up
- The Immortals: Techno Syndrome (AKA Mortal Kombat theme)
Juno Reactor: Giant
- Juno Reactor/Traci Lords: Control [Juno Reactor Instrumental]
- Kriss Kross - Jump Jump
- Kurtis Blow: The Breaks
Laava: Where You Are (don’t have/know it)
Matrix Soundtrack: Burly Man Brawl
M/A/R/R/S: Pump Up the Volume
MC Sleazy: Hold Your Rendezvous (Basement Jaxx vs Beastie Boys)
Mighty Dub Katz: Let the Drum Speak
** Moby: Go (the version on “Moby”, for the Intro)
** Moby: Barracuda
Nine Inch Nails: Complication
Raven Maize: Real Life [Radio Edit]
- Rick Derringer - I Am a Real American
Rick James: Fire It Up (DJ Eleven Remix)
Rocky IV: Training Montage song (REALLY?)
Run-DMC: U Be Illin
- Paul Oakenfold: Ready Steady Go
Queen: Another One Bites the Dust
Queen: Under Pressure
Safri Duo: Played-a-Live (The Bongo Song)
- Sir Mix A Lot: My Posse’s On Broadway (edited so it starts at 0:22 on first verse)
**** Stan Bush: The Touch
- Stan Bush: Fight To Survive (AKA Bloodsport theme)
UFC Intro theme (?!? I don’t know what song this is. Everything on the UFC soundtrack is terrible and banned.)
Steps (Pop): 5,6,7,8 (dance country?)
- Tag Team: Whoop There It Is
X-OR theme: [media=youtube]joWeCt78kCQ[/media] (wth?)
Character Select Songs
- Saved By The Bell
Power Rangers theme
Votes Counted So Far: Me, N_Paul, Mandel, Frank, Jeff
Minuses are Votes Against, stars are Votes For.
I took out only a few songs that I really really hated. Others seems livable.
SAMPLE clips of my suggestions/songs here:
These are NOT full songs. In every case I truncated to the first 40 seconds or so, which gives you a good enough test.
What To Bear In Mind
- You’re going to be listening to those many times an hour. You better really like to listen to it.
- 0:10-2:50 are the most important part of the song. Timeouts usually happen at around 3:20. I don’t care if you have Infinite time set, don’t talk to me, not helpful. We’ll loop them if need be.
- This is a minor bitch to get everything normalized, so it may take a bit to get it all ready.