New system: Time to pull the trigger?

Here’s what I’m looking at:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~sgrodzinski/system.jpg

It’s been a real long time since I’ve built a new system - over 6 years now - and it’s been a while since I’ve really took a good hard look at harware. So please, let me know if you see anything obviously wrong, things I should be cuatious about or whatever I seem to be missing.

Budget isn’t too much of an issue. I’m not going for an insane extreme gamer’s rig, just something that relatively powerful.

The hardware listed totals in at $1,822.62 CAD. Less than 2k after tax, insurance and whatever else.

You might want to wait until after July 22nd. Intel is doing a price drop then, from what I understand.

That’s a long time to wait. The prices have already fallen quite a bit on the Core 2 Duos. I’ve been putting off buying a new PC for such a long time now. I’m finally itching to get back into PC gaming.

RAM question…our mobo supports up to 8 gigs of ram I think but software wise…read this post. Long story short, use a 64bit os for 4 or more gigs.

Quad core question…again your mobo should be able to handle a Core 2 Quad unless EVGA is lying in their specs.

I’m no expert so don’t take what I said as absolute truth.