New to arcade sticks and skeptical

I hope I dont get flamed for creating a new thread but Im new to arcade sticks and am skeptical about the quality of the arcade parts that sanwa makes. Im not a pro but I want to know what difference will I feel when I void my warranty and open my stick and put a sanwa jlf in it. It just seems like hype to me. By the way I have a standard edition fightstick and since Ive broken it in its allright. But I was wondering if the sanwa stick, in your opinion, is more precise… cause some of the moves in the latter challenges are off the hook and it just seems like a mess of half circles to me so thus far Ive been staying in my lane and playing ryu.

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE STOCK MADCATZ SE JOYSTICK… I GOT A GOOD ONE BY THE WAY… AND THE SANWA JLF? IS IT WORTH ORDERING THE JOYSTICK IF IM GOOD WITH A SQUARE GATE THE WAY IT FEELS? and lastly IS THE SANWA JOYSTICK MORE PRECISE THAN THE MADCATZ PART, IF ANYONE WHO ORDERED FROM LIZARD LICK COULD ANSWER ME ID BE GRATEFUL. AND PLEASE NO SALES PITCH HYPE.

I’m going to boldly say that a new stick won’t necessarily make you pull off moves any better than you are currently. There’s a small difference between accuracy and reliability, and while both have something to do with pulling off precise movements, a stick can only do so much in the accuracy department and more in the reliability portion. This will all sound redundant, but please bear with me.

The stock Madcatz Stick, when fixed/not broken, is by no means horrible. It is a spoof of the higher grade Sanwa sticks. The difference is that the switches are slightly cheaper and the spring/build/PCB is not the same. This is what effects reliability.

When you do a QCF, you either 1. Want to feel confirmation resistance or 2. Don’t. Sanwa sticks aren’t tight, but they are firmer than the Madcatz. They also click in a different way with a slight weight when you hit the throw of a direction. The comfort you feel w/ a Sanwa could be good or bad, but mostly players are used to resistance confirmation.

It’s possible that the resistance will also help you with finding neutral faster and thus improving reliability – but both sticks will generally recognize the same directions w/o fault.

Also, most of what you are reading isn’t sales pitch hype, but standardization. People want Sanwa because it’s what you use in the arcades or what the best players use. Most of the hype you hear about how good the parts are is true, however you cannot compare quality parts/build to skill improvement. Think about Basketball shoes --> They are important (You need shoes, jesus) but if you can’t shoot, you can’t shoot. Simple as that.

Hope I wasn’t too confusing.

The stick not helping your moves is not always true. The LS-32-01 has a shorter throw, and more tension on the spring, which for me as a charge character I enjoy quite a bit. Chaining combo’s that require precision with your charge move timing is critical, and I noticed a vast ease of their use when I switched the Mad Catz part to the Seimitsu.

That said though, if you’re not used to a stick at all, it won’t dramatically change your ability to use one. SouloNi is completely right in that regard.

Hrmm, I completely agree with your statement above as I actually was implying that exact bit of info. I prefer to differentiate what you are defining as ‘reliability or stability’ instead of what the OP seems to be requesting (which is precision).

So far you’re 2/2 on opinion TC, hope you arrive at the answer you seek.

It’s not going to make that much of a difference. Especially not compared to the madcatz SE joystick, which is supposed to be pretty good (when it’s working). imo if you have a good SE just save the warranty.

If your new to stick then your fine. What was stated above by everyone else is quite true. but i’m sure once you do play with sanwa, you won’t want to go back.