New to Cammy, help appreciated ^__^

cammy

hey everyone… ive been playing around with characters here and there and recently found a liking for cammy’s playstyle … im considering exploring her playstyle more and maybe even use her in the future.

i have a few questions about some of cammy’s properties that maybe you guys could help me out with. i think it would give me a big head start and also give me a better understanding of her tools …

if you answer my questions please answer them in the numbers given … that would make it easier for everyone to follow … much appreciated :slight_smile:

dont find this insulting but i find her playstyle and hakan’s have alot in common …

• they both have a quick dashing forward move (oil slide vs spinal arrow)
  • they both have air throws
  • they both have command grabs that only work on standing opponents ( hooligan throw and oil dive )

so i was wondering …

1. does cammy have safe (on block) spinal arrow setups after untechable knockdowns ?

• after cr.HK ?
  • after throw ?
  • after back throw?
  • after hooligan throw ?
  • after hooligan sweep ? ( is that untechable ? i think it is … cant test it now im at work lol )
  • after air throw ?
  • others that are just setups but not untechable knockdowns ? (resets etc.)

2. does cammy have garanteed hooligan throw setups after untechable knockdown ?

• after cr.HK ?
  • after throw ?
  • after back throw?
  • after hooligan throw ?
  • after hooligan sweep ? ( is that untechable ? i think it is … cant test it now im at work lol )
  • after air throw ?
  • others that are just setups but not untechable knockdowns ? (resets etc.)

also are there exceptions to this? (im asking this because hakans oil dive setups dont work on blanka,honda,yun,yang,cammy,dhalsim and hakan)

3. apart from cannon spike, what are her best anti air normals ?

4. any crossup cannon strike setups? (even if its character specific it would be nice to know :slight_smile: )

**5. the whole cannon strike in the corner… how does it work exactly? (ending up in the front or back … etc…) **

6. what is her frame data after FADC for the following ?

• HK spinal arrow on hit
  • HK spinal arrow on block
  • cannon spike on block

7. what are her best and worst matchups in your opinion and why ?
(just briefly … i know theres a matchup thread but id like to hear individual opinions :slight_smile: )

**8. any other tips and tricks you would like to share ? :slight_smile: **

---------

thanks to everyone who is willing to help in advance … and i hope we can have a healthy discussion on those topics … :slight_smile:

u online tonight dude? will show u all i know

ask in the QA section.

thx alot but i might not be able to get online for a couple of days … but ill deffinately message u next time i get on … if u get the chance though … even if u answer one or 2 of the questions … pls do … i would really appreciate it :slight_smile: thx

sorry i only saw it after you mentioned it… however when i took a look at it … i found that forum both long and messy and hard to follow up on … :s

Although I can’t give you any useful info, I too would like to improve my Cammy. Hopefully this thread will get some help.

post your questions in the QA section. cant entertain and ecourage random thread creation for every new cammy.