Things I’ve learned in general from previous competitive gaming (Not fighting games specific)
1. The only long term proven way to get better at the game is going to be playing it constantly.
2. Keep track of your progress closely, sometimes it’s good to be able to see how you’ve improved and how you’ve gotten better to keep you from thinking you have been training for a long time and haven’t gone anywhere.
3. Kind of generic; Every time you lose you get more and more information on what you can do to improve at the game.
4. You may not take this tip seriously, but play for fun. Many people say they do, 99.9% of them still don’t. They play solely to win and usually are far more disappointing when they win, causing them to overlook things like simply watching the game over again to see where they went wrong.
Things I’ve learned so far in my attempt to go somewhere with fighting games (Fighting game specific)
1. Salty means mad/disgruntled.
2. Don’t idolize high level players as if they are gods who are on a level you will never be able to achieve.
I guess my tips are more “srs mode” for the situation, not sure what you are looking for, just some casual MvC3 tips or some general life lessons