New to the scene....

I’m new to the whole fight stick world and all the wonderful mods that come with it…
Well, I’m a huge fighting game player (controller) but I’ve never tried a joystick, well minus the arcade.
Anyway, I bought a couple of cheap-o’s honcam fighting sticks for my ps3…2 for about $50…and I’ve searched on the forum about this cheap fighting stick is worth the price if you modded it, so as a total noob…what do i need? I not that handy with a soldering iron, and all i know is I need a joystick and some quality buttons…any info on a total noob new to the scene would be much help, thanks.

I’ve seen that posting, but they were talking about a PCB or some other acronyms I don’t know yet…
so bottom line do i need new circuitry or can i use the one i already have…do they have like plug and play set ups no soldering needed, for the button and joystick…and what mod parts would be recommended…

If you are not handy with a soldering tool which would be required then I would suggest you find a modder: Need a Modder/Builder in Your Area? Check This Post

People who are new to soldering should not attempt soldering because you can blow half of your 50 dollars away from making a mistake.

There is a lot of information in the stick that osiriskid posted, and you should also look at this thread Info Thread: Rules, FAQs and Tutorials Inside. (READ THIS BEFORE HITTING THAT NEW THREAD BUTTON!)

and here Honcam Mod (First Tutorial/Mod) with Free and Easy Mod Tutorial

and ask questions in the newbie thread. Good luck… (you’ll need to solder at one point.)

^He should buy a soldering kit just to practice soldering before doing it on the real thing.

I’m with the above. Spend a few hours learning to solder. It’s a great skill and I find it quite relaxing, unless I’m crammed in the hell hole of a c130 halfway upside down in 100 degree heat trying to fix faulty wiring.