Newb Questions regarding PC specs and SFV

Long time SF player and SRK lurker.

Would love to play SFV however at the moment I am still on the fence PS4 vs XBONE, and am in no rush to make the jump one way or the other as I am quite happy with my WiiU.

Having always been a console gamer I literally haven’t used a PC for anything other than Hearthstone, HOTS or WOW since the 486 days!

Well I am a Mac user and though it looks like the Sony exclusivity on PS4 means there will be an exodus in the community and future 2D fighters to this machine, I have primarily always been a Nintendo fanboy with a MSoft console as my secondary, for me the big issue was the little wedgy triangles on the Playstation every generation that put me off. I know a MadCatz pad would get round this dislike.

Have the following Mac Mini (the current middle of the line model)

2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz) with 3MB on-chip shared L3 cache
8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 memory
Intel Iris Graphics

vs

Minimum
Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz
6 GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GTX 480 (or higher)
Nvidia GTX 570 (or higher)
Nvidia GTX 670 (or higher)
Recommended
Intel Core i5-4690K @3.50GHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 960

Where does the Iris come in the hierarchy of GFX cards, what is the comparable mainstream GFX cards I should be comparing to, how do i5’s line up to i3’s, is it as simple as i3 3GHz = i5 2GHz or some such ratio, like converting KM to miles.

Obviously I would get best performance by Bootcamping rather than using Parallels or the like, but could I virtualise at the minimum specs.

Which version of Windows will eek out the best performance, I was looking to Windows 10 all things being equal.

My PC knowledge is so dated and as yet have not really had the need to go Windows for many years as my whole PC usage is great on the Mac since the Blue iMacs. At least I could wait it out a bit longer as I have yet to see much more compelling software on PS4, in fact Forza on the XB is tempting me that way. There is no way I can miss out on a whole generation of SF. I believe that Sony are sinking money into the development, which would probably make it likely that even Super/turbo/Hyper/BellsOn iterations will be XB1 bound.

Though I’m expecting to be told that any integrated GFX card is not up to snuff. But WOW, Hearthstone and HOTS run like butter on high settings, so it must have at least some grunt.

Thanks in advance.

Firstly SFV is a service now. That means like LoL it just provides content after release and no longer will have any separate discs or sequels. Just like there’s no Epic LoL or Divine LoL there will be no Super or Ultra SFV.

Sony are the ones that basically made SFV possible so you might as well just get a PS4 or upgrade your PC. There is about less than 0 percent chance of V ever making the Xbone. That’s coming from someone who bought the Xbone 2 years ago just to play Killer Instinct (and still haven’t played anything else on it).

Can’t help you with the PC specs thing, but I’m sure someone else can.

A Mac? No way in hell this is running on a Mac, especially if you’re using onboard graphics. Get a PC or PS4 or don’t bother. I’m sorry about this, but this game has you hilariously outclassed in hardware terms.

Being able to run WoW does not give it “some grunt” at all. WoW is a poorly optimized game from 2004. Even the shittiest hardware we have today is able to run an 11 year old game, and HOTS is largely built around the same engine. Since SF5 is an Unreal Engine 4 game, and you don’t even have a graphics card, your computer will probably struggle just getting around the menu. If you want to play it you need something WAY better than what you have.

Once you do decide to upgrade, Windows 7 and any Nvidia GTX past 600 will do.

Intel’s cards are nowhere near dedicated cards from Nvidia and AMD.

As I thought, thankyou guys

(Ima shamelessly use this thread for spec suggestions) I’m building a new rig soon but in the mean time wanna know if I’ll have any joy running it.

I have a PS4 so if it cant be run decently I’ll go PS4 but I prefer my PC for connection purposes. I’m not hardwired and my PC has a good network adapter compared to the PS4.

I’m currently running -
660GTX
i5 3.4Ghz
8GB RAM