Newbie modding a Datel Arcade Pro, help please

Hi, this is my first post.
I’ve been a lurker for a while now, but haven’t had a reason to ask for help before.
I have been inspired by some of the custom sticks people have made and want to give it a go.
I’ve ordered a Datel Arcade Pro stick, because it’s somehow compatable with everything. I want to replace the buttons and joystick with seimitsu parts.
From what i’ve gathered the stick has the same body as the Mayflash sticks, and is identical the the paewing revolution inside.
What will I need to attach the new parts?
How do the buttons attach to the shell? I will be able to do the wiring ok.
Which seimitsu joystick will be easiest to attach for this shell?
I will be able to find somewhere to print art in the uk i hope.
Is there anything else I really need to make this possible?

Thanks in advance

Edit: This is my latest artwork, it’s not finished yet.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9469/jet2small.png

As a fellow lurker who lurked for like…3 years before posting, I can completely understand your situation. Tech Talk, if not all of SRK, can get really intimidating.

With that said, if you want to mod your stick with Seimitsu parts, you’ll have to do a little bit of grinding or dremeling. The button holes are 28mm, which may be perfect for Crown buttons (ala laugh’s modding tutorial) but for Sanwa and Seimitsu parts, you will have to make the holes bigger. However, this is actually quite easy. Once you pop out the stock buttons, you will (or should) realize that the button holes have a slight recess. Grind away that recess and you’ll have a perfect fit with any 30mm Sanwa or Seimitsu button. You may have some trouble with Sanwa screw-ins but any Seimitsu will fit with no issues. If you’re having some, you are doing something wrong.

If you’re looking for Seimitsu joysticks to put, get an LS-32. I use a mounting plate-less LS-32 and I think it’s the best fit ever for the joystick. This is strictly my opinion but I have tried out a lot of joysticks. I have mine mounted straight to the surface of my Mayflash and it sits there quite well. If you drill or dremel right, you can get the LS-32 screws to lie flush with the stick and you can apply artwork on top of it without any issues. I’ll take some pictures to explain what I mean.

I’m not usually this nice and informative but I’m kinda drunk and riding an awesome buzz. Take advantage of it while you can.

Thank you very much, I look forward to your pictures.

Here is a mayflash template I’ve edited. I haven’t been able to put art on it yet but I will probably use see through buttons because they’re awesome. I could put the button names for the xbox and ps3 in the buttons. I may use xbox colours for the rims.

I’ll post some versions with art when I get round to doing it.

I hope there isn’t something obvious i’m overlooking.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/3791/360mayflashsmall.png

I’ve ordered a seimitsu stick and buttons, and there seem to be crimps in a few UK stores.
Does anyone from the UK know a good place to get art prints? Laminated because I have no plexi.
This is my work in progress art, please leave feedback.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/1205/jetsmall.png

I hope we get these sticks here in the U.S. Too expensive to ship that or it’s Revolution variant to the states.

As for the artwork, it looks good. I’m not a fan of putting non-videogame characters on fighting sticks though. Although, you can’t go wrong with Jet or anyone else from Bebop.

Also, there is a guy on here that does custom plexi that lives in the U.K., if you decide to go that route instead.

Laugh’s eTokki.com shop has them for $55, which I guess is about the same as the 30 I paid for one.

My artwork is in the first post. It isn’t finished but i’m not sure what to do with it now. What do you guys think?
Also how does one change the thread title?