Newbie needing help with SSF4 normal combo timing

Hey all I’m really new to fighting games in general, and I recently got into SSF4 (bought a TE fight stick along with it). I’m learning the basics and really just trying to be able to beat my friend that has been playing for about a year now, hes by no means good as he is a very casual player.

So yeah basics for me right now is getting these darn normal combo’s down. I can’t for the life of me get them regularly nor often! I’m just focusing on one character right now (Ryu).

The combo that I can’t get and that I want to get is lk, lp, hp. I got the lk, lp no problem but throwing in that hp at the end just doesn’t want to happen for me. I’ve tried hitting the buttons at varying speeds but I can’t seem to get it.

Can anyone help me out here?

Edit Finally got it down guys ty

Just keep practicing, it’ll come. I may be wrong on this but I believe the lp -> hp is a 1-frame link, which unfortunately makes it somewhat impractical, but not impossible.

Just keep practicing. If it doesn’t come out, you are doing it too early. If it comes out but the dummy is blocking (assuming you have it on auto block), you are doing it too late. That’s pretty much the best advice I can give you.

this is about balrog’s EX Rush Upper combo but see Rope Drink and what he posts in reply. very detailed and specific and can be transportable to other chars as well

http://shoryuken.com/f251/balrog-ex-upper-loop-221167/

nah it’s a two frame. to TC just practice. it’s just one of those things where once you get it you get it.

Hey guys I got it after some more time working on it. Listening to the delay of sound between button presses on the successful attempts is what helped me the most in being able to repeat it.