No Spider-Man in Marvel Vs Capcom 3 ? (Activision License)

It was implied that “certain” popular Marvel characters couldn’t be used in the upcoming Marvel vs Capcom 3 game due to licensing issues in this interview.

Although no character names were mentioned, the majority of the consensus is Spider-man since his character has an exclusive license with Activision through 2017.

This is not the first time Activision has shafted the Marvel video gaming fans; everyone remember this news back in January courtesy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

No Spider-man license means no Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin, Sandman, etc.

It’s still too early to tell, and a lot can change in the next coming months (especially with fan support/pressure), but please let Spidey be in the game!

While it’s sad news, I’m not to bothered about Spidey now being in since it might mean we get to see some lesser known, but possibly more interesting characters make it in.

Its okay with me with no spidey
But no Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin or The Lizard is rlly sad

Same here. I wanted Carnage :sad:
But I don’t really care abour spidey himself.

Well miffed about Venom, loved him in MvC2

dont worry, spiderman is in…

Didn’t Spiderman appear in other Marvel games recently by companies other than Activision?

That would truly be sad. Spiderman is my favorite hero. Going to miss him if its true.

Considering THQ could use him in their SHS game last year and EA used him for their crapy Rise of the imperfects game, i wouldn’t worry. So chill, no reason to flip out.

And screw Carnage, one symbiote is enough and if another spidey villain should make it in, it should be his Archfoe Green Goblin.

I don’t care for Spidey, but he’s integral for the Marvel lineup. It’s like not having Superman in a DC game…

Spider-Man or we riot! Or, well, I riot, since no one else in this thread seems to care about the webhead. :rofl: But, seriously, you can’t have a Marvel anything without Spidey. He’s the Marvel equivalent to Batman: he just has to be at the big crossover somehow.

I do too.

But again, no reason overreact yet.

Well, Joe Q could simply state that Mephisto erased any contracts that Spidey involving Spidey as part of.

Spider-Man was in a THQ game (Superhero Squad) last year.

He’s in.

so then i wonder what characters couldn’t be used i can’t even think of any other characters that’s licensed out to other companies. Maybe its the FF4 and probably why we have super skrull.

This is what one of the Capcom-Unity moderators said when the subject of Spider-man was brought up.

“There’s nothing to worry about. I spoke to Chris Baker (Manager of Licensed Games at Marvel) at Captivate about possible legal hurdles, he said that fighting games are a different beast, & that characters being tied to a movie or another publisher will not affect their inclusion in MvC3.”

I wonder what the producer meant then, when he said they’d go to marvel, and marvel would say “you can’t use that character, use this character instead.” ?

put in another marvel character like…

Deadpool
Bishop
Apocalyse
Draken
Dare Devil
Blade
Morpheus
Sinister
Jack Flag
Scarlet Witch
Nightcrawler
Punisher

But Activision also got xmen rights, and wolverine is confirmed…

you can’t keep out logan bub he cuts through contracts and slices and dices rights.