Nomination for top tiers

Is there any char. that nominated as “top tiers”???

What?

LIke this, some players always use god tiers to beat the easy way… but some other players use low tiers that can guaranteed beat all god/top tiers…

Like Iceman, even he’s good in assist ,he can beat cable storm especially sent using unfly thing… he can trap as strider/doom, more damage as cable/sent, but not as combo freak or rushdown as storm/magneto…

But i nominated him as top tier (IMO)

well what do you think…

or maybe i was wrong…

Gods: Cable, Magneto, Sentinel, Storm
Top: Blackheart, Cyclops, Dr. Doom, Iron Man, Spiral, Strider

(Honorable mention to B-Commando and A-Psylocke for being very common assists).

Your claim that Iceman “guaranteed beats Cable” is clear evidence that you’re either (a) joking or (b) don’t know what you’re talking about.

tekken_G, iceman cannot beat storm, unless the person using storm is a complete idiot.

Iceman loses to both Storm and Cable badly. Good match-ups for low tier characters include:

Iceman can beat Sentinel
MegaMan/CapCom or BH beasts on Magneto, can beat Storm, and has a chance against Sentinel.
Felicia/Ken or Cyke counters Strider/Doom.
Servbot (Balance)/Doom rapes Sentinel.
Rogue, Morrigan, the Wolverines, and most other good rushers can beat Cable.
A really, really good Guile can beat Storm.
An equally well-skilled Anakaris can beat Storm, and occassionally Sentinel.
Omega Red has a chance against all Top Tier except Mags, but it’s really tough for him.

A really, really good Guile can beat Storm.

haha i see that alot, random somersault super when storm airdashes, lucky sweeps connect into supers. I get caught by that sometimes. :frowning:

if he does a random somersault super, since it doesn’t hit immediately, jab, and then block. the jab cancels the air dash, and u can block

as for sweeps… whenever u think a sweep is coming, watch for it, and roll out. once u roll out, typhoon xx hailstorm, or assist > launcher > LA xx LS

this CAN be a hard matchup for a predictable storm, but aside from that, it’s nothing a good blocker can’t handle. if ur storm is wreckless, this is the reason that this is happening alot. if u get hit with something, make sure you don’t get hit with it two times in a row. don’t be so focused on doing one thing… always be prepared to have a gameplan, but have a back up and another back up in case something goes wrong. learn what their teams can and can’t do, then ur set.

Thats d problem with you because u dont care about this low tiers…dont underestimated this low tier he can beat all top tiers even god tiers.

Thats the reason he is low teir, because he doesn’t have what it takes to be top tier. I can’t see him beating storm or Cable.

You do realize Iceman was considered a very good character right near the start of the game until everybody started picking Cable, right?

i wonder if anybody saw this before, but i remember reading this one article right when this game first came out. Guile, Psylocke, Cammy, Jill, Iceman, all rated 5 (out of 5) or 4.5. On the other hand, Sentinel was rated 2.5, Magneto was rated 3 and Storm was rated 2.5 as well.

Iceman can beat Sentinel…how in the hell?!?

Servbot (Balance)/Doom rapes Sentinel. Not this theory again…
i’m not joking when i say if you can’t protect your assist vs sentinel, then you’re going to lose. nevermind that 3% damage you’ll get when the sent just sj’s and takes the top part of the super… not going to work

Omega Red has a chance against all Top Tier except Mags, but it’s really tough for him.~ it’s sentinel that omegared has a tough time with. Omegared/tron is disgusting vs magneto, they even have a little ghetto unblockable cross-up midrushdown string…

my only guess is that you’ve never really played against good sent/anything to think like that

As HKing already said, that’s a very poor strategy. The reason this fight actually can go in Guile’s favor is through effective use of air Flash Kicks as a ghetto double jump and his j.rk can beat out Storm’s j.fp. Joey Zaza is the only person I’ve ever seen do this in real life. Hence the “a really, really good…”

I’ve never actually seen that one, just heard about it. Something to do with runaway giant rocks and Icebeams or something. Can’t remember for sure.

When done correctly, Servbot can stay completely away from Sent, and from there always has options for hitting Sent if Sent tries to attack Doom. For instance, his j.fp, j.rk, and the fp Servbot buddy call break super armor. Also, you never throw random Swarms. If Sent was able to super-jump out of the way, you did the Swarm wrong. You use other things to force Sent to block, then do the Swarm. If, somehow, you did screw up, you always have DHC options to still make Sent feel the pain. This is very much a patience fight for the Servbot player, but I swear to God it can be done if anyone here besides myself, fishjie, and HKing would just try Servbot seriously.

Hmm… Never heard about that one.

ice rocks + icebeams to lock him down. rocks > rp’s and u don’t icebeams > spits

just u need to be psychic about it… and once sent gets in, it’s over

man…people in this forum besides mixup it seems like doesn’t understand how good the god tier are.

if you iceman against a sentinel…and he miscalls his assist once, sentinel has assist punishers that reset and take away 60% easily…why do you not see them? because they are not always safe against magento, storm, cable and sentinel. but if you have a character such as iceman, who can’t even fuckin wavedash (don’t say he can), ur assist will get fucked up so bad it ain’t funny.

as for the serv/doom theory against sentinel…9 times out of 10 it won’t work.servebot has no sure fire way of getting sentinel out of the air, and i mean…iono; this is juss theory fighter basically…yes; doom’s rocks plus serve’s super takes like 30 or 40%…but getting sentinel down is a task in of itself that is almost impossible with servebot…haha; one fast fly from sentinel can hinder servebot more useless than he already was, so that takes away ur j.rh or j.fp option unless you want to risk being fast flied…and even then, sentinel can always counter somebody so they can get HIT WHICH DOESNT DO SHIT IN THE WAY OF DAMAGE, then u can just tag sentinel back in on servebot since he has no way in hell to hurt u…

everybody claiming this low-tier garbage hasn’t seen or doesn’t know the specifics of a good god tier character

there’s one more god tier bad matchup against low tiers…

Ruby Heart + Tron gives a lot of trouble to Sent…
sublimations (qcf+k) turns flying off if used properly and Ruby’s c.hk has insane speed and reach which makes hard to Sent to stay on the ground
also, Tron’s project assist does insane damage, one mistake and one third of sent’s life is gone…

I’m saying that because one of the best players around here keeps playing with Ruby (a) / Cable (B) / Tron (Y) and I’ve never seen a sent player win…
he even gives trouble to MSP and other top teams with that

When done correctly, Servbot can stay completely away from Sent, and from there always has options for hitting Sent if Sent tries to attack Doom. For instance, his j.fp, j.rk, and the fp Servbot buddy call break super armor. Also, you never throw random Swarms. If Sent was able to super-jump out of the way, you did the Swarm wrong. You use other things to force Sent to block, then do the Swarm. If, somehow, you did screw up, you always have DHC options to still make Sent feel the pain. This is very much a patience fight for the Servbot player, but I swear to God it can be done if anyone here besides myself, fishjie, and HKing would just try Servbot seriously.

you’re talking about pixels for damage when anytime you call your doom wrong he loses half life generally. not a good trade.

do explain your set-up for getting sentinel to stay still for the swarm…

without destroying what assist you’re using to set it up.

funny…I use my omega red as specific sent counter.

His hardest match is magneto, then cable if you dont have an assist to close the distance on him. (retract o-strikes ahvb’able, ad is slow)

Patience in the skies can really cause a pain for sent, and hk o-strike can be good surprise to throw in if you are trapped in the corner or need some distance.

sentinel capcom is definetly one of his worst matches.