Noob trying to figure out Balrog tricks

balrog

Hey everyone!

I’m kinda new to message boards but needed help on how to get better with Balrog. I have a few questions about one of his links and option selects.

I heard somewhere that you could link: Crouching Light Punch, Crouching Light Punch, Standing Light Punch, Light Dash Straight. I’ve tried doing this in training mode but had no luck. Any suggestions of how to do this?

I saw this youtube video about Balrog’s safe jump / sweep. My question is when do i press the cr. HK? Would it be right after the j. HP or right before I hit the ground?

Here’s the video:
[media=youtube]V5EMssijHcU[/media]

Thanks in advance!

Hey guy! there’s a page or so discussion in the Q&A thread about safe-jumps as well as links to videos what it is etc. It’s about two-three pages before the last page.

cr.lp, cr.lp, st.lp xx dash straight is probably just you needing to maintain back-charge by rolling from down back to back, negative edge may also help (press lp and let-go and press forward). There are more useful combos in my opinion, if you can get the cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.lk xx hp.HB would probably be easier to land, do more damage and knockdown.

good luck.

And this can combo into ultra 1, or you can whiff a dash uppercut for some free meter.

What’s the best range for Balrog’s TAP? Should it be relatively close to an opponent or farther?

http://shoryuken.com/f251/tap-techniques-strats-172891/

hit with the tip, and don’t exceed a lvl1 unless you’re sure it’ll hit for whatever reason. Some characters can even punish max distance tap/lp dash punch on reaction, very few to none on block. (Ryu’s U2 comes to mind, Abel’s EX TT throw, Cody’s Zonk Knuckle, Zangief’s EX.GH etc.)

Thanks for the advice!

What’s the best way to do: jab, jab, jab, headbutt? I’ve tried it several times in training mode but can’t get it down. Is it required to plink the headbutt? Also, is it light, medium, or heavy headbutt?

You have to link the last cr. lp. So, it would be like cr. lp xx cr. lp ~ cr. lp xx hp headbutt. You can also sub in a cr. lk for the last cr. lp. You just need to get the timing right for the link.

@LeviAJones: Hey thanks for the response! But what does “xx” and “~”? Sorry for the noob question.

xx means cancel
~ delay a split second.

I have trouble doing Balrog’s empty jump to ultra. I saw it in a couple of videos but seem to not be able to do it. Any ideas on what’s wrong?