Norcal/European\Sydney Fight Club Q&A

I made this thread so we can compile a new set of questions for street fighter x tekken. Since the European fight club is tomorrow and North Cal Fight Club is February second, this would be a good chance to ask any gameplay related questions. I will try to place each of your questions to the corresponding topics so it is easier for people to experiment with your theories.

Character related Questions:
***Street fighter: ***

Abel :

Balrog:
- See how much recovery is on headbutt. Is the horizontal distance traveled better than SSF4?
- Is he still a charge character?
Cammy:

Chun-li:

Dhalsim:

Guile:

Hugo:

-Are all his normals cancelable? What do his EX moves act like? In 3S his EX claps was 3 hits and juggled the opponent; is it the same in SFxT?
Ibuki:

• -Is there a super jump move (SJ) for her, or for any character in general?*
    -If so, is it possible that certain combos need to be pulled of that need to be SJC (super jump cancel), or does SJC exist?
    -For ex: close st.HK, HK command dash (simplified in SFxT) or SJC close st.HK.
    -If this combo does work, and is effective: st.hk, cmmd dash, cr.hp, cmmd dash, special (neckbreaker, raida, another normal move that connects, etc.) Just in general stuff from SSF4: AE combos which I saw from one trailer she did: mk, C.D, mk, C.D,lvl 3 super (Yoritoshi, aka U1).
    Juri:

-If you tag cancel her Fuhajin store, does she still do the release follow-up? Is it possible to chain into a Cross Rush the c.MK followup from a EX Sempusha?
Any new moves? Does her EX Counter still have near-instant startup?
-Can she follow up a non EX pinwheel? Can she combo off of her overhead? Is her walk speed any faster?
-Do you have enough time to land, use Pandora, and then use a super with the incoming character after Juri’s EX Wallbounce?
Can you do c.mk -> EX pinwheel -> c.mk regular pinwheel and get full hits off it?
- If you tag cancel her Fuhajin store, does she still do the release follow-up? Is it possible to chain into a Cross Rush the c.MK followup from a EX Sempusha?
- Since her Fuhajin store still has the same properties as SFIV AE 2012, can you continue a combo off of her Store juggle?
ken:

-See if Ken’s F.SRK is the only DP you can safely tag cancel. Looking @ some old Korean footage if you tag on the first hit it looks very safe unlike other dps which leads to your two characters getting combo’d.
Poison:

-Does any of her special moves give her any fireball inv.

• Are her rekka’s safe?
    -Which rekka is the safest?
    -Since her Dp got faster, can she use it as a proper reversal?

Rolento:

-Does his rolls have fireball invinciblity
-What does his other ex moves do?
-Does he have a good walk speed?

Rufus:
*If he can combo off his overhead
*Is his super art is easy to combo into and if it still has anti air(full hits) and anti fireball(projectile invincibility) capabilities
*Anything involving EX Messiah Kick
*Can he combo into Galactic tornado from a crouching attack
*Can he combo into his crouching attack off a Light Snake Strike.

Ryu:

Sagat:

Vega:

-Can Vega combo from EX roll, into a chain, into another EX roll?
Zangief:

-Can you switch cancel Zangief’s EX SPD after the animation and do a combo before the opponent lands from the spin animation?

Tekken:

Asuka:

Asuka’s moveset; at least her specials. We barely know anything about her at the moment.
Bob:

-Which normal would be best to use to cross up with.
-An estimation of his normal ranges.
-Does his Ex srk tackle move have in invicibility.
-Which of his moves causes a ground bounce and can he reflect projectiles fast.

-Which normal would be best to use to cross up with.
Heihachi:

Julia:

Kazuya:

Kuma:

King:

Law:

Lili:

-How many times can she link her ex Angel knee
-Does her super have any inv.
-How is her walkspeed.
-Did her health get buffed in anyway?
-Does her ex knee hop have an invincibility.
-Does she have decent normals?
-Can her counter work like Heihachi where you can counter at the start up of someones projectile?
Marduk:

Nina:
-What normals can chain into each other (its said that she cannot chain her c.lp or c.lk)
-Can she combo off of her Gyser cannon? (If so how many repetitions can she do.)

-Does blonde bomb take a long time to start up.
-Which strength a blonde bomb causes a crumple state.

Paul:

Raven:
-What moves allow him to pass through projectiles.
-Does any of his ex moves cause a wall bounce?
-Does he have any command normals that cause a ground bounce so you may continue a combo without tag cancelling?

-How good is his projectile?
-Does he have an over head that causes a ground bounce.
-Does any of his ex moves have invicibility?
-Does he have good walkspeed.
-Did his health seem buffed.
-Does any of his ex move cause a wall bounce and could you combo off of them.
Xiayou:

-Moves, walk speed, does her flip command grab (the one where she slaps on the opponent while on them) work on crouching opponents as well?
Yoshimitsu:
-Does Yoshimitsu have some kind of Manji Drangonfly grab when he is tagged in?
-Can you Switch Cancel Yoshimitsu’s EX suicide into a grab special (assuming it still crumples)?

SFxT General Discussion Thread rev.B
SFxT General Discussion Thread rev.B

Gem System Questions:

-Can you equip a character with multiple copies of the exact same gem? if yes, how does that work exactly?

-With three different proficiency Lv.1 gems equipped and activated, can you do an EX move into cross art (should work, just needs confirmation)?

-Could anyone ask if they plan to include, in a future update, a Gem that allows you to cancel 2 or 3 hit chains?

-if you activate a time based gem with a character and tag out… does the gem run out while the character is off screen?
Game Mechanic Questions:

-We all know you can get CH status by charing a move to EX, thend ashing out of it. We also knkow you can charge EX to Super. So my question is: Can you activate an EX super charge move, instantly dash out of it, and still get the CH bonus? If yes, does it work mid-combo? If no to both of these, can you get the normal charge-to-EX-CH-bonus mid-combo?

-Can you use Super Charge Dash Cancel to make longer juggles? For example, do EX Joudan with ryu, c.HP xx Hadoken xx dash, c.HP xx whatever.

-Any details about juggle limitation would be nice. Also about how the cancel system works. For example, if a move is not special cancellable, can you still cancel it into an EX move mid-chain?

-Is there some kind of recovery after a forward/backwards tech roll? Does the wake-up tag cancel mechanic still exist?

-Tech rolls, Alioune says they kill Cammy’s SFIV style vortex, so I’ll assume the case is the same for Ibuki and Akuma, speed looks massively improved in the build you’ll be testing with Juri. Basically test if you can bait a tech roll forwards and if it can be hit or throw out of, also uses a character with a quick horizontal moving super like Cammy, Chun Li or Heihachi to see if you can jump in and punish tech rolls on reaction or os.

-Also please tell Seth that button configs on character select screen are kinda damn pointless without the HDR method, Why half ass it… and also tell him that while he’s right that the gem glow shouldn’t be too subtle… they have gone to the other extreme completely and it makes the game look like a mess.

1. Pandora mid combo: off of a wallbounce or something.
*2. Pandora as an on-reaction punish: how much invincibility does the incoming character get? Can you pandora in response to a whiffed shoryuken, for example. *
*3. And lastly just check if pandora still lasts for 7 seconds. It’s a new build, maybe they buffed it. *

Here’s some questions I’ve been pondering:

Character related Questions:

Any and all movelist info about newer characters would be nice. Inputs, move names, you name it.

I heard Kuma has a really poor jump arc. In combination with air-strings, can he create jump infinites against taller characters? If no, what’s the reason? Could speeding up/slowing down the jump arc using gems help?

Can Vega combo from EX roll, into a chain, into another EX roll?

Can you Switch Cancel Yoshimitsu’s EX suicide into a grab special (assuming it still crumples)?

Does Yoshimitsu have some kind of Manji Drangonfly grab when he is tagged in?

Can you switch cancel Zangief’s EX SPD after the animation and do a combo before the opponent lands from the spin animation?

Gem System Questions:

Can you equip a character with multiple copies of the exact same gem? if yes, how does that work exactly?

With three different proficiency Lv.1 gems equipped and activated, can you do an EX move into cross art (should work, just needs confirmation)?

Game Mechanic Questions:

We all know you can get CH status by charing a move to EX, thend ashing out of it. We also knkow you can charge EX to Super. So my question is: Can you activate an EX super charge move, instantly dash out of it, and still get the CH bonus? If yes, does it work mid-combo? If no to both of these, can you get the normal charge-to-EX-CH-bonus mid-combo?

Can you use Super Charge Dash Cancel to make longer juggles? For example, do EX Joudan with ryu, c.HP xx Hadoken xx dash, c.HP xx whatever.

Any details about juggle limitation would be nice. Also about how the cancel system works. For example, if a move is not special cancellable, can you still cancel it into an EX move mid-chain?

Just saying i put the names of each character corresponding to the correct series and they are in ABC order so it is easier for you to look through it.

The format to post is

Character related questions:

Gem system Questions:

Game mechanic Questions:

For answers it is.

Character related answers:

Gem system answers:

Game mechanic: answers:

well i will only do a few characters at best so i got about a day to think about who else i want to check things out with. I just wanted to see who else is going…

We should have a list of people who are going and are willing to try to get pieces of the information.

Also for the people who go can you try not to play both ryu and ken?

well, it seems its going to be a slow process maybe on the 31st we’ll get more people but, now everyone is talking the BS atm…so fuck’em

Can someone put in some time as Rufus and find out:

*If he can combo off his overhead
*Is his super art is easy to combo into and if it still has anti air(full hits) and anti fireball(projectile invincibility) capabilities
*Anything involving EX Messiah Kick
*Can he combo into Galactic tornado from a crouching attack
*Can he combo into his crouching attack off a Light Snake Strike.

I’m asking a lot of Rufus questions since, lets’s face it, I’m the only one who will (Not even listed in the OP -_-).

i’ll consider it only if more fucking people would care to go…it like…you would think more people would be hyped about this…but i guess fucking talking about megaman is WAY more important…excuse fucking me.

i dont want to be the only person there testing shit while other jackasses are fucking around with ryu and ken…like what happened a PAX…ALL OVER AGAIN.

If you know how to use ryu or ken, pick one of them so you can stay on and change your secondary character each time.

i can use Cammy, and Ryu rather well, so i think i can fend off any scrubs

“We all know you can get CH status by charing a move to EX, thend ashing out of it. We also knkow you can charge EX to Super. So my question is: Can you activate an EX super charge move, instantly dash out of it, and still get the CH bonus? If yes, does it work mid-combo? If no to both of these, can you get the normal charge-to-EX-CH-bonus mid-combo?”

I just noticed that we see an example of this working at 2:37 in this video. I guess you could try to use this to crumple someone mid-juggle in a tag cancel combo if you want, but other than that, you can remove my question.

like i said in the Poison thread, i’ll test out what i can, but i hate how no one else is doing this…fucking stupid. but then they say well we dont know nothing about X character…w/e

see if you can get more people to go.

do you have a ps3 by any chance? Since their is an online briefing room we could analyze the characters that way once the game comes out. If you do get a chance to test anything out try to test out the less popular characters and poison since all the poison fans have been working on her.

Character related questions:
Juri - If you tag cancel her Fuhajin store, does she still do the release follow-up? Is it possible to chain into a Cross Rush the c.MK followup from a EX Sempusha?

Game mechanic Questions:
Is there some kind of recovery after a forward/backwards tech roll? Does the wake-up tag cancel mechanic still exist?

There’s going to be a Sydney fightclub like event in about 36 hours time from posting. Capcom will be showcasing Asura’s Wrath, Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, UMvC3 (PS Vita version) but most importantly SFxT. Seth Killian will be there and hopefully it’ll be a new build with the recently announced characters juri, claw, boxer, ling xiayou and all that good jazz.

If there’s anything you guys would like me to try and find out, post here and I’ll see what I can do.

Explore pandora my Australian brother:

1. Pandora mid combo: off of a wallbounce or something.
  2. Pandora as an on-reaction punish: how much invincibility does the incoming character get? Can you pandora in response to a whiffed shoryuken, for example.
  3. And lastly just check if pandora still lasts for 7 seconds. It’s a new build, maybe they buffed it.

Also:
Boxer:

1. See how much recovery is on headbutt. Is the horizontal distance traveled better than SSF4?
  2. Is he still a charge character?

Can you tech roll out of a hard knockdown?

This was explained in today’s Playstation Magazine video of SFxT. Ono was demonstrating activating Pandora off of Ryu’s EX Joudan, and it did indeed work. Juri was able to connect with a raw super and Ono also explained the juggle state would remain after Pandora activation, though there would still be damage scaling (obviously).

I just remember someone from Capcom repeatedly try to do the same juggle but it dropped everytime >.<
Good to know that it works