Get Your Game On will be hosting monthly tournaments in Ann Arbor Michigan on one Saturday a month in October, November and December. They have just remodeled their basement and it looks to be a PERFECT venue for the Smash community and fans of other fighting games. If the snow isn’t too bad and we are successful in getting people every month, we will hold tournaments after December too!
This Month’s Tournament will be taking place on Saturday, November 22nd! This is the same day as the UofM vs, OSU game but… WHO CARES? They both are out of anything worth mentioning and we’d all rather have fun together anyway right?
Registration @ 11 am until 1 pm. If you are bringing a set up I would like you to be here sometime between 11 am and 12 noon. Thanks!
Brawl Doubles and Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 @ 1 pm!
Brawl Singles and Soul Calibur 4 @ 5 pm!
These are approximate times. Generally one hour is allowed between the first two tournaments and the second two tournaments for getting of dinner and whatnot. Hopefully we keep to schedule because we have to be out no later than 9 pm!
Get Your Game On
709 Packard Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
The map included above shows where to find free parking as well as food places directly surrounding Get Your Game On. If you cannot find free parking, there are meters outside the store which are $0.50 an hour for 10 total hours. However, after 6 pm it is free so you can just load the meter until 6 pm.
*Venue fee: $5
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles: $20 per team
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles: $10 per person
**Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2: FREE!
Soul Calibur 4: $5
Payout is standard 60%/30%/10% for all events. Percentages may change based on turnout.
*venue fee will be waived when you bring a WHOLE set up (wii w/ game + a TV. Venue fee may also include some food and drinks. Details TBA. Only a limited number of set ups will be allowed. Please let me know if you are bringing one.
**Note: if you are entering both Naruto and Brawl Doubles do not just forfeit your matches if you have to play in a brawl match. We will wait for you. Just because it’s free doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try your best to win!
The $5 venue fee can be paid via trade ins. Aka, old games/systems/whatever, can be traded in to the store as opposed to paying a venue fee. I would call the store first to see if they have too many of something (and therefore wouldn’t take it in) and their number is available on their website (above). So, take advantage of this offer!
- Respect the Venue- Please pick up your trash and try not to throw controllers, kick chairs, or anything that may do damage to the venue. Anything that is broken or any trash that is left is then my responsibility and I will glare at you for a long time glare.
- ABSOLUTELY NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL ALLOWED INSIDE OR ON THE PREMISES. IF IT IS FOUND YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT, NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a game store which caters to all ages, be respectful and do not make a fool out of yourself.
- Smoking cigarettes is allowed right outside the building. Just try not to crowd the door so customers can get inside.
- The tournament will be held in the basement (2 rooms!) which will be our space. The upstairs is a game store so please go up stairs to pick up any new games or drinks/snacks if you wish. In general though, be respectful of the other customers.
- HAVE FUN! This is something really cool for Ann Arbor and for fans of these games all over. Let’s keep it up so we can keep running them every month!
- I will NOT TOLERATE unsportsmanlike conduct. There will be no insulting, coaching, or verbal abuse of any kind during tournament matches. Coaching is allowed between matches only. If I catch you doing any of the above, you will get a warning. Doing it again will result in you being kicked out.
- There are no refunds on the venue fee. If you have to leave early and cannot enter a tournament that you paid for, I can give you a refund ONLY if you have not played a single match in the tournament. If you have played at all, I will not give you a refund.
- If I am busy (ESPECIALLY if I am in a match) wait until I am done to talk to me.
- Anything you bring is YOUR responsibility. If anything is lost or broken myself, nor the venue take any responsibility for it. Keep an eye on your stuff and make sure you take care of other people’s TVs, systems, etc.
Therefore, this list basically says: Be respectful to those around you and have fun…
…or I’ll KILL YOU (jks =P).
Out of State Housing:
If you would like to come to this from out of state, there may be a place for you to stay in the Ann Arbor area on Saturday night. Post in the thread and someone might be able to help you!
ALL EVENTS ARE DOUBLE ELIMINATION. Nearly everything else is different.
Super Smash Brothers Brawl:
This tournament follows the basic outline of the rules set by the SBR. Details of the rules can be found here.
However, the stage list will be rather different. Here is the stage list for this tournament:
Poke’mon Stadium 1
They will be picked 1 - 2 - 1 and who chooses first will be decided by RPS.
You may ban one stage from either list after the striking process is over.
Each station will have a list of stages that you may select to avoid confusion. Also, if you and your opponent(s) agree, you may play any stage you want, banned or not. If you have any questions, please let me know before the tournament or before your match. If the match is already in progress you are stuck.
If you use any controller styles that use the wiimote you will be responsible for removing the batteries inbetween your matches. Failure to do so can result in a DQ.
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2:
- Time: 90 Seconds
- Damage Level: 2
- Rounds: 3 out of 5
- All Obstacles and Stage Transitions will be turned OFF
- Controller Set-up: Game Cube and Classic Controller Styles ONLY.
- Wiimotes must have the batteries pulled out inbetween matches. Interference with someone else’s matches will result in DQ.
- Each set of the tournament will go 2 out of 3 Matches until Winner’s and Loser’s Finals which will be 3 out of 5 Matches. Grand Finals will be 4 out of 7 Matches.
- Gaara’s backturned up+A on WAKEUP is Banned and Jiraiya’s backturned down+A on WAKEUP is Banned!
- Loser of the match has the option to change characters or choose a stage (if they want). Winner must keep the same character. If a new character is chosen the loser can not pick the stage and it goes to Random.
- In general, stages are always chosen at random, no redos. Players must agree on a stage or it is random.
Soul Calibur 4:
- This tournament will be played on the XBOX 360 console ONLY.
- Bring your own controller/stick.
- Rounds are set to 3/5
- Sets will be 2/3 matches until Winner’s and Loser’s finals, which will be 3/5, and Grand Finals will be 4/7.
- Time Limit is set to default, which is 60 seconds.
- Life Bars are set to default.
- Soul Gadge is set to default.
- Stages are selected at random. The Loser of a match may opt to re-random the stage if they please.
- BANNED: Infinites, Purposeful Glitching of any kind, All Bonus Characters, Created Characters.
- Loser of the match may switch characters but the winner of the match must stay the same character.
- Edits of pre-existing characters is ok, but they must be completed before the start of the tournament.
Other Forum Pages:
Smash World Forums: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200257
All is Brawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3229
Calibur Forums: http://www.caliburforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35358
Shi-Shi Rendan: http://www.shishi-rendan.com/showthread.php?t=1442
SYSTEM PREREG LIST:
Because I only have a limited number of space for set ups, systems to get rid of the venue fee are going to have to be preregistered. I would appreciate it if those who bring a set up can try to bring a power strip too, since the plug situation will be easier to manage this way.
BRAWL Set Ups:
- Dark Kakashi
Soul Calibur 4 Set Ups:
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 Set Ups:
Alright guys, that seems to be it! Let me know if I forgot anything and I will update it accordingly! See you all there!!