One year later, SFN is proud to present the followup to one of last year’s biggest events. It’s not the same Subway you’re used to, it’s a bigger location located next door to San Antonio College (SAC). We’ve got some plans up our sleeves to make the venue even better than last year.
Find us on:
(Like us if you haven’t already! What are you waiting for?)
1621 N Main Ave
San Antonio, TX 78212
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 @ 1:00 pm
Super Smash Bros Brawl & Melee @ 1:30 pm
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 @ 2:00 pm
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (360) @ 2:30 pm
Persona 4 Arena @ 3:00 pm
Mortal Kombat @ 4:00 pm
Mario Kart 7 Championship
Entry Fees and Prizes:
$500 guaranteed for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
(pending 32 entries)
$250 guaranteed for Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
(pending 16 entries)
Venue Fee: $5
All Games: $10
All games will pay out Top 3:
-Respect the property. No horseplay, loud cursing, etc, especially when other customers are in the store.
-Please bring your own controller/arcade stick. It slows down the tournament when people have to share equipment.
-Please do not leave trash around the tournament setups. One spilled drink can ruin everything.
- Double elimination brackets
- Double-Blind Select can always be chosen to begin a match.
- Winner keeps same character. Loser can always change characters.
- Bring Your Own Controller: While there will probably be many players willing to lend you a controller/stick, there is NO guarantee. You WILL be disqualified if you cannot start the match within the allotted time.
- Button mapping and converters ARE allowed while turbo is NOT.
- There will be ZERO tardiness tolerance. If you do not report to your match within a reasonable amount of time, you WILL be forfeited.
- All players are required to notify staffers of the results of their match.
- Wireless sticks/pads/remotes will be allowed. However, we require that you pull out your battery when you are not playing to avoid disrupting tournament matches. If you disrupt other people’s matches, you risk forfeiting your next match. We recommend bringing a sync cable to ease set up.
- Every person is responsible for the functionality of their controller. A “button check” may (and should) be asked for prior to every match.
- Pausing or restarting the game/match for any reason, except with the consent of the opponent will result in a forfeit of that particular game/round (whichever is smaller). This includes battery/controller problems.
- All disputes will be handled by the tournament organizers. T.O.s must be notified soon after disputes occur. All decisions are final.
*All games will be 2/3 games and all finals will be 3/5 games.
*Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 will be 3/5 for all sets beyond the first round
Specific game rules:
Unity Ruleset can be found here:
Stay tuned for some very important updates!