Youmacon Presents: Michigan Masters
Oct 31st - Nov 2nd, 2014
100 Renaissance Center, Detroit, MI 48243
We in the Michigan Fighting Game Community are proud to announce that this year’s Michigan Masters will be held at Youmacon 2014 as part of the Youmacon Championship Series! It will take place in the 24 hour gaming room, and feature several tournaments for the most popular competitive games out there, with pot bonuses for select games.
== FRIDAY, OCT 31 ==
- Community Tournaments
== SATURDAY, NOV 1 ==
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix (X360)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (X360)
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (PS3)
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (singles)
- Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate (PS3)
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (X360)
- Project M (singles)
- Pokemon X/Y
- Killer Instinct Season 2
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
- Super Smash Bros. Melee (singles)
- Pokemon X/Y
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (singles)
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (X360)
- Ultra Street Fighter IV (X360)
- Under Night In-Birth (PS3)
== SUNDAY, NOV 2 ==
- Finals -
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Under Night In-Birth
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- Ultra Street Fighter IV
- Final schedule on Sunday is subject to change depending on tournament attendance
Full Youmacon badges are available for preregistration until September 15th here, as well as pricing info for at-con registration: http://www.youmacon.com/registration
Discounted 3-Day Tournament Badges will be available at future MIFGC events and in the Youmacon gaming room itself for $30. This badge will **only **gain you access into the 24 hour gaming room, and also tabletop gaming. It is able to be upgraded to a full 3-Day Youmacon badge at regular registration booths for $35.
Once registered for Youmacon, there is a $10 entry fee for each tournament you’d like to enter, which will be used in the prize pots for each game. You may sign up for tournaments at the venue anytime Friday through Saturday, however sign-ups for each game will close one hour before the designated start time. (If it starts at 4PM, sign up by 3PM).
Prize pots for each tournament will be distributed as such:
60%: **1st **place
30%: **2nd **place
10%: **3rd **place
In addition, we’re happy to announce pot bonuses for the following games:
**- $500 Ultra Street Fighter 4
- $500 Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- $500 Under Night In-Birth
- $500 Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
- $500 Super Smash Bros. Melee**
There will also be $500 pot bonuses for the StarCraft 2 and League of Legends tournaments taking place at Youmacon.
All tournament matches will be 2 out of 3 games (except for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, which is 3/5), and the Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals matches are 3 out of 5 games.
Bring your own controller: Casual setups at the venue will have some controllers available, however tournament setups will not. Please bring your own controller or arcade stick. Please **refrain **from bringing **wireless **DualShock 3 or Xbox 360 controllers–stick to **wired **or use converters.
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
- Winners may **not **switch between Shadow/Normal modes in between games
Bring your own 3DS: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Pokemon X/Y tournaments require entrants to bring their own 3DS.
- Your team of 6 must be registered before the event.
- Banned Pokémon: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and Diancie
On Friday night we encourage gamers to host tournaments for any games we are not currently running at Michigan Masters. These can start at any time between 6PM and 12AM.
- A BYOC area will be available for use on Friday evening-only, just for community tournaments
- Bring your own setups to use in this area for tournaments
- Talk to us if you’d like to reserve use of some tournament monitors for tournaments (tournament consoles will not be available, however)
- Space is limited: please be courteous to others and bring a reasonable amount of setups (for example, try not to bring 10 setups for a 12 man tournament)
- Notify us ahead of time and we’ll advertise your tournaments on our event pages
Youmacon offers arguably the best gaming experience in the country. The game room is open 24 hours a day for the entire duration of Youmacon, and features:
- Tons of arcade cabinets old and new from Wedoca Arcade and Credits Remaining
- The latest arcade rhythm gaming cabinets from Japan, provided by Bemani Invasion and KDog’s Arcade including DDR2014, Pop’n Music Lapistoria, Beatmania IIDX Spada, Jubeat, Sound Voltex, and more!
- Several full PC setups for League of Legends and StarCraft 2
- Several competitive console **FPS **setups for local multiplayer action
- The** latest gaming consoles** with several popular new titles
- Tons of **oldschool **gaming setups
- More tournaments: League of Legends ($500 pot bonus), StarCraft 2 ($500 pot bonus), Mario Kart 8, and more
For images of last year’s gaming room, check out Browncoat Photography’s set from last year here
If you opt for a full badge you’ll have access to all of Youmacon’s spectacular events
- Huge **raves **thrown on Friday and Saturday night
- Cosplay masquerade
- Live Action Mario Party
- & more! http://www.youmacon.com/events-and-activities
There are also several amazing guests this year for you to check out
- Steve Blum (Spike Spiegel, Wolverine, Orochimaru, Vincent Valentine, an extra in every video game you’ve ever played)
- Johnny Yong Bosch (Zero in UMvC3, Yang, Nero in DMC4, the second Black Power Ranger, Vash the Stampede, Ichigo Kurosaki, Lelouch Lamperouge)
- D.C. Douglas (ALBERT WESKER)
- Caitlin Glass (Cammy)
- & more! http://www.youmacon.com/special-guests
Live streams will be provided by addMitt and Dat CORN Bread
Smash will be streamed by Clash Tournaments
Michigan Fighting Game Community Facebook group (join for local event invitations, updates, and more)
Facebook Michigan Masters event page
Shoryuken event page
Dustloop event page
Smashboards event page
It’s looking to be another great year at Youmacon, and we can’t wait to see everyone again at Michigan Masters! Reply to any of our event pages for questions and we’ll see you soon.