[Oct 9, 2011] House of Hausman's Tournament (Santa Clarita, CA)

Welcome to the first of what is potentially a series of tournaments!
House of Hausman’s Tournament
Hosted by Andrew “Tronzilla” Hausman.

We are excited to announce a tournament happening on
October 9th, 2011 in Santa Clarita, CA.
We are bringing the best fighting games together for one big giant brawl:

http://www.arcadeufo.com/images/ssf4AE_logo.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTc9KiXQKpqh_TjxyGBI-2NMDdOdaDyU8QrLSPRRdCHRZsU0skrsA

Come on down and enjoy some great games, awesome food, and a fun experience :slight_smile:

[LEFT]Tournament Rules[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Participants are required to check-in with the organizers before and after their matches: [/LEFT]

[LEFT]- Before to make sure they are present and ready to play their match and[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- After to tell the organizers the winner of the match. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Any participant that fails to show up in the beginning or the end of a match will be disqualified from the match and earn a loss. They will be given anywhere from 10-15 minutes to present themselves.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]The pause rule: if any participant pauses the game in the middle of the game will have one of the following options:[/LEFT]

[LEFT]- The person who did not pause has the choice to call the round and give their opponent a loss.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- Both players can agree to ignore the pause and continue the match.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- If the pause occurs early in the round, the round can be restarted if both players agree.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Joystick/controller malfunction: Button checks are required at the beginning of a match to avoid this issue. If you think your joystick/controller is not working properly, you have one of the following options:[/LEFT]

[LEFT]- Ask someone around to let you borrow their controller for the match.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- Ask one of the organizers to lend you an in-house controller. This is a BOYC tournament, but the house will have their own controllers as well (fightsticks and pads). However, it is not certain if there will be enough for everyone. The controller will be lent to you for the remainder of the tournament and must be returned before you leave the venue.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Entrance fee: $5.00[/LEFT]
[LEFT]House fee: $2.00[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Entrance fee combo:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Pay for 2 tournaments + the house fee = free water/soda[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Schedule (this is subject to change):[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Casuals: 1:00 pm[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Tournament sign-ups: 2:30 pm[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Tournament start time: 4:00 pm[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Payout:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]1st Place – 70% of the pot.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]2nd Place – 20% of the pot.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]3rd Place – 10% of the pot.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]**Payout for the side tournaments shall be discussed among the organizer(s) of the side tournament.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Game Tournament Rules[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Basic tournament rules, but just in case you forgot :)[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition[/LEFT]
[LEFT]These rules can be applied to any other Street Fighter game.[/LEFT]
[LIST]
[]Best 2 out of 3 rounds.
[
]Double elimination tournament, so DO NOT LEAVE AFTER YOUR FIRST LOSS!
[]Winner must keep their character. Loser has the choice to switch. If the previous winner loses on the 2nd match, they have the choice to switch their character as well.
[
]All characters welcome. No bans.
[]Stages can be random or chosen if both participants agree with stage choice. This is to avoid any stages that are difficult on the eyes (Volcanic Rim lol).
[
]All finals will be best 3 out of 5 rounds. Grand finals’ bracket will be reset if losers’ finalist wins.
[/LIST]
[LEFT]Marvel VS Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds[/LEFT]
[LIST]
[]Best 2 out of 3 rounds.
[
]Double elimination tournament, so DO NOT LEAVE AFTER YOUR FIRST LOSS!
[]Winner must keep their team. Loser has the choice to switch. If the previous winner loses on the 2nd match, they have the choice to switch their team as well.
[
]All characters and teams welcome. No bans.
[]All finals will be best 3 out of 5 rounds. Grand finals’ bracket will be reset if losers’ finalist wins.
[/LIST]
[LEFT]*Side Tournaments are welcome:
**[/LEFT]
[LEFT]These tournaments can be run by any individual person as long as there is a general agreement with the participants. This is to avoid any problems of rigged brackets, pot splits, etc. Any of the organizers can assist the side tournament organizers so long as they do not interfere with the main tournaments. There may also be a shortage of equipment (consoles, tv’s, etc.), so be prepared to bring your own equipment. The list of games include:[/LEFT]

[LIST]
[]Mortal Kombat
[
]Blazblue: Continuum Shift 2
[]Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
[
]Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition
[]Marvel vs Capcom 2
[/LIST]
[LEFT]House Rules[/LEFT]
[LIST=1]
[
]Please respect the inside and outside of the house.
[]Do not leave trash. Please throw away any trash you may have.
[
]Do not wipe your hands down on any of the furniture.
[]No alcohol or drugs allowed on the property whatsoever. You will be asked to leave if any is found in your possession and will not be refunded your money. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
[
]Ins-and-outs are allowed, but please wipe your feet when coming inside the house and avoid walking through the front lawn when coming in. You may also take off your shoes if you please.
[]Do not steal anything from the host. He is kindly offering his home to run the tournament, so please be respectful.
[
]Parking will be tricky, but you are allowed to park on the street. Good luck finding a spot, though.
[*]If the tournament goes into the long hours of the night, please keep the noise level to a minimum if you decide to hang out outside of the house.
[/LIST]
Stream TBD

I’d like to run MK9 if its ok.

By all means go for it :slight_smile:

Hey guys I am looking for people to play AE 2012 and umvc3 with that live in the Santa Clarita area cause that’s where I live and I’ve always been looking for a scene. I am definitely a serious player and I’ve been to a few wednesday night fights and I went to EVO 2011 and I’m looking to up my game but I would like to be able to play with people locally rather than always playing against people online or having to drive a distance to play with people. Do you guys still have sessions? If so when?