Octagonal restrictor for JLF-TP-8Y

Hey everyone.

I have just got my OBSF-30 buttons and JLF-TP-8Y joystick, For my Street Fighter IV SE Stick.

Installed it, and it works perfect!

BUT, there is a little problem. i just CANT do those Ultras with Ruy.

You know the 2x kvarter circel and 3x HP, or or how you spell it.

I can do hadoken about 8 out of 10 times, thats pretty much the same, as doing a Ultra. just only one kvarter circel.

I was thinking about to buy a Octagonal restrictor for JLF-TP-8Y, do you think I will have better chances, to do the Ultras easier that way?

If i order one, do i need to order more than that, or can i just put it on my JLF-TP-8Y joystick?

No, I can do ultras on the same stick with Ryu.

I never could pull off Ultra’s or Super combos before I got it, so I think you just have to get used to it.

Mine has a square gate.

They are easier for me with an Octo, YMMV.

2 weeks is all it took me to learn a square gate. I can understand not wanting to waste quarters learning in the arcade. But if the stick is in your house, and it costs you nothing to practice… then why not actually practice?

Once you master a square gate, going to any gate in any arcade will be easy. Why use a restrictor that limits your options and isn’t even neccesary.

You’re a human being, blessed with the ability to learn tools with enough training given time. If the best players in the world can use a square gate, and they are human, what species can you possibly be where you can’t do the same?

That said, quarter motions can make your life easier with the octagon, but so do training wheels on a bike. Hope you find what suits you.

a different gate isnt going to increase ur chances is executing moves… practice will though