So I’ve been playing with my Vergil/Doom/Ammy team for awhile now, and I’ve come to a realization: while it’s really good, it’s not as fun as teams I’ve played in the past. As a result, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not the team I want to main. As such, I’d appreciate it if I could get you guys’ opinions on some teams I’ve thought up of, as well as some ideas for new teams I could try out.
Here’s the conditions/constraints of the team I have in mind:
- it must have Vergil and Amaterasu on it
- if Vergil/Ammy is used, then there must be an assist backing them up (so if Vergil/Ammy is used, it must be Vergil/Ammy/xxx)
- if point Vergil is used, the team should have a good assist Vergil can use for left/right mixups (assist + teleport)
- if point Vergil is used, Amaterasu must be right behind him (so if Vergil is on point, it must be Vergil/Ammy/xxx)*
- (optional) each character on the team is a good anchor character (since Vergil & Ammy are already good anchors, that just leaves the last character to be a good anchor)
- Doom cannot be in the middle or anchor position
- the team does not contain Magneto, Taskmaster, Jill, Shuma, Iron Fist, Firebrand, Dante, Wesker, or Hsien Ko
So with the above in mind, I’ve come up with the following possibilities:
Doom/Ammy/Vergil: a re-ordering of my current team that really changes things up (no TAC to Doom, Vergil anchor instead of Ammy anchor, point doom). I’m intrigued by this possibility, but don’t know if it’s good enough to be worth pursuing. I’d really like some opinions/thoughts on this one. [Note that I could really care less about TAC infinites, so no TAC to Doom is not really that big of a deal for me.]
Vergil/Ammy/Sentinel: a point Vergil team with drones backing him (and Ammy) up. Seems great on paper, but drones come out much slower than I’d like…and I’m not sure if Vergil and Ammy can protect Sentinel well enough so I can reliably get drones out. On the plus side, I think Sentinel is a good anchor character, which means this team has 3 good anchor characters on it. [If I’m wrong about Sentinel being a good anchor character, please let me know.]
Vergil/Ammy/Hawkeye: across all the teams I’ve tried, I’ve found that Hawkeye’s Triple Arrow is about the perfect assist for Vergil’s left/right mixups. I know Hawkeye is deadly in XF3, too, but I don’t know if he’s all that good of an anchor without it. In addition, I’m more rush-down inclined, rather than a zoner, and I don’t know if Hawkeye would support that playstyle outside of XF.
Thor/Ammy/Vergil, Tron/Ammy/Vergil, Trish/Ammy/Vergil: I know these point characters can do some great things if I put the work in and they have some good assists backing them up. So - are Cold Star & Rapid Slash assists that can help them reach their potential? Are these good teams in general?
Vergil/Ammy/Thor, Vergil/Ammy/Tron, Vergil/Ammy/Hulk, Vergil/Ammy/Trish, Vergil/Ammy/Arthur, Vergil/Ammy/Chris: these are point Vergil teams that interest me and do some stuff right…but the choice of anchor worries me, especially since I can’t/don’t plan on my anchor always having XF to back them up. [In particular, I was looking at Vergil/Ammy/Tron and Vergil/Ammy/Hulk].
I’m very open to other ideas as well, as long as they adhere to the conditions for the team I’m looking for.
Edit: *Meant to add in this condition to the team, but forgot to do so.