Official PSVita/PSP chat thread

I do as well. I cant figure out how to get PSP backups to work without it so I put Adrenaline on my Vita. I figured out how to get multiple types of Vita backups to run though.

Now Im just having trouble figuring out how to get plug-ins to work. I got one to work, RegistryEditor, and I use it to stop the screen from auto-dimming after 10 seconds of not touching a button. I cant get any others to work though. I tried to use Vita Plug-In Manager. It launches but im not sure where to put the plugin file(s) at.

Been trying to get backups to run on the Vita but I can’t get it to connect to my PC. It doesn’t pick up on USB or wifi. No matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall QCMA with different drivers I can’t get it to connect. The different solutions like plugging it into USB 2 and using Zadig hasn’t worked for it. I’m not sure what else to do

You have it in airplane mode?

Does CMA work? You have to register your vita with that first then use QCMA. And, yeah, make sure its not in Airplane Mode.

CMA only works when it’s connected on Wifi. It’s not on airplane mode.

I got the fucking thing working on my cousin’s laptop. Has anyone gotten a banned from using Henkaku? I didn’t realized I was logged into my account when I was testing some backups and got a trophy.

No not that I am aware of.

That’s a shame…I might as well mod mine.

Production for the vita should have ended when Sony stopped supporting it by no longer putting first party titles on it back in like 2014, I think it was. The only things that have came out on the vita are bad Indy games, extremely niche and obscure rpgs and visual novels.

Sure they’re good for hacking I guess? But if you have to hack a system in order for it to be usable it must not be that good of a system in general.

I loved my ps vita when I had one but all I played on it was psx games and that novelty ran out pretty quick.

Don’t bother with QCMA. Plug your Vita into your computer, open a window, click on Organize>Folder Options>View and check the Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives and you’ll be able to see the filesystem of the Vita including where to drop game backups.

I use vitashell. Easiest method.

I heard that pstv is finally starting to rise in price? Glad I got mine for like $30 new a year or so ago. Still playing Tactics Ogre on it…

Just got my Vita connected to my PS4 for remote play and hoooolly shit is it a game changer. I wish the PS3 had the horsepower to make remote play on anything but PS1 games a reality.

My wonderful Vita

Then some dumb kitten decided to knock over my cup of water and my wonderful vita sat in that water till I woke up. I dried it off hoping nothing was busted but it was. I let it dry and it mostly worked but the d-pad, so I opened it up to have a look.

I removed the PCB for the d-pad but when I did that I made a big mistake. One of the ribbons was held in place by a metal plate and it ripped. I wept and decided it was doomed and I put it up.

I took it out a few days ago and decided to look at it under a magnifying glass. Its lookin’ hopeful that I can fix that ribbon, I just haven’t tried. Im not sure if the d-pad will work even if I do but I sure hope so.

F

(What, is SRK grammar policing now? Yes it’s a complete sentence)

@drizzt360

Thanks for showing me that site. I may be using it for other stuffs I have. Anyhow, that’s just the d-pad alone I think. In the pictures it focuses on the d-pad and you can see in the background that the ribbon/cable is disconnected from the board.

I would at least email him and ask about ribbons. The sticks on the Switch Joycon for example come with a ribbon when you buy them.

I would just buy a new one but finding one that is on OFW 3.65 (or lower) is pretty hard. If I could find one on 3.65 I would jump on it in a second. All I would need to do is put my memory card in it and it would be like I never broke the damn thing.

I looked at wololo and saw this. May not matter what FW the thing is on if this turns out to be true.