Official shmupmame Super Turbo thread

how do i get this shit to work? i can’t launch any of the games.

if you don’t have the roms in the DEFAULT dir it wont run

You can change the default roms dir by opening up MameGUI.exe in the shmupmame folder and going to Options -> Directories -> MAME Paths or by editing mame.ini once that file is generated.

Weird things about changing the options in MameGUI, though… once you edit an option you have to at least select or go to another option for it to save the field you just changed. And if an ini file was already generated for whatever game you’re trying to edit, it doesn’t seem to save the new option at all… so you either edit it in the game’s ini or just delete it and start fresh.

This is awesome… but my ST rom DOESNT work with this MAME (it worked with other MAME, FBA, GGPO and Kawaks). Any tips?

Also my NeoGeo games and HyperFighting and lotsa other games, just a few appear playable! wtf

You need to update your rom set. For help, use Google or try talking to people in GGPO.

That means i have to download EACH rom again? Just because this MAME doesnt support them (but every other emu i have do?)?

You shouldn’t have to. I’m utilizing the same exact one used for prior MAME’s and GGPO FBA. I’m guessing a re-audit did not help?

ggpo’s st roms won’t work with the latest mame

there is a hint in the first post hidden under ‘spoiler’ if you cannot figure it out on your own by googling etc

I love you Papasi, no joke :slight_smile: lets see if it works…

Suddenly very excited about ST again…

Papasi this fucking ROCKS! Any chance to get a link for the modified build you mentioned on the second post? THANKS!

it probably would be better to have separate folders for the older ROM versions you want to play. So you can use both the latest MAME but also the older Finalburn.
Because now CPS2 ROMs will also change due to Qsound decapping.

Latest MAME does not play those games because it requires qsound.bin

I want the modified build for the easy input menu, i want to check if it saves multiple button configs.

Played today with a friend, this emu ROCKS, thanks again, Papasi!

Got shmupmame 4.2 downloaded at the Arkadeum studio and we played pretty much the whole day. Felt buttery smooth aside from the minor input delay from using a projector. Yet again, receives my seal of approval for best form of emulated ST.

papasi, have you looked into testing USB lag?

i got it working for regular mame but shmupmame’s author is not replying to the support thread on shmup forum. i couldn’t get shmupmame to compile because he’s not providing full source code, only modified files.

Anyone knows how to map those “Custom” buttons? I want to play with my bro, but he plays Blanka and maps the hop (3K) to a button.

u can by editing the txt document that saves ur inputs, this is how I do it in damdai’s supercade to use 3P n 3k, idk what is the actual name of the file in shmupmame but shouldnt be hard to find it