Oh the possibilities...maybe

To start off, I dont even own a stick yet, Im just some low income teenager online really, but I wan’t to know the ins and outs of modding. I’m talking the works, circuitry, boards, compatible parts.
This is all nonsense that’d be covered in computer sciences, but the internet is oddly vague on these college courses.

In and outs of modding has less to do with computer sciences and more to do with wood shop.

if you don’t want to learn that is fine, no one can make you.
But do not waste our time with your preconceptions and your closed mind.

Also Electronics Engineering does not equal computer sciences

:coffee:

lol yup, confirmed for teenager. the computer sciences go more into computer programming and language, electrical engineering goes more into depth on circuitry. you can learn about both on Itunes U. video game consoles, especially modern ones have security chips and other things that keep us modders from messing around with controllers too much. you only really need to know the basics of circuitry to wire up a joystick. check out the dual-modding 101 link in the FAQ section for more info.

basic electronics (and I mean basic), soldering skill, and some creative imagination are all that’s needed to start off… oh and a dremel… gotta be friends with a dremel.

First place to check out would be Slag Coin www.slagcoin.comm, its a bit out of date now when it comes to PCB pad hacking but the basics haven’t changed.

I got them confused, I was in a library with some computer sciences, computer engineering and electrical engineering books, and I was reading them all at once, not a good method of studying.

Closed minded? where do you draw that preconception from?

If you are in high school, check if they have a vocation tech school in your district to study electronic repair. If you have enough credits and in good standing, talk to your guidence counselor about going to such a facility. Maybe classmate can commute with you to take classes.

None of that here, the closest one is two cities over, in a city called Daytona Beach

Quoting you again
"but I wan’t to know the ins and outs of modding. I’m talking the works, circuitry, boards, compatible parts.
This is all nonsense that’d be covered in computer sciences, but the internet is oddly vague on these college courses."

You already decided without any information what you needed to hear and not hear.

I didn’t ‘decide what not to hear’ I just know what I want information on. Nowhere in my previous statements did I purposely exclude anything

In all honesty, it makes A LOT more sense if you own and use a stick first.
It’s like saying " I don’t own a car yet, but I want to learn EVERYTHING about how to rice up a car."
The information in itself is never useless, but the basic theory only goes so far without any practical understanding/experience, and you’re MUCH better off learning stuff as you need to use it.