Ohayocon 9 - Jan 30-Feb 1 2009 - Columbus, Oh

Ohayocon is half a year away, so it’s time to get working. The gaming department will once again put forth all we have into a fully stocked main gaming room, our rhythm game room, the DS program, and yes, the tournament theaters you all so love.

But for now, it’s time for each and every one of you to speak up and tell us what you want to see. Are there games that you want more then any other? Perhaps special rules matches? Hell, anything you think would be cool. Tell us now!

Also, the Mystery Tournament will once again return. At Ohayocon 8, the game was none other then Pro Wrestling for the NES, so it could be anything this time.

And finally, we’re always looking for help. If you live in Central Ohio, or you can travel easily here, and you’re familiar with all the most popular games, then by all means join our staff.

For any more details and our forms, visit http://ohayocon.org.

Oh sweet! Lets see if I can take mvc2 again this year…

I’d suggest doing just a standard tourney for $$. Honestly most FG people aren’t into anime and stuff that I know in OH, so discounts and stuff isn’t a very good incentive to drive down if you want a big tourney.

Since this is a ways in the future, you’ll want to see what games are out by then. SC has a huge casual following, 3s is still popular, etc. SFIV/ST:HD/T6 could possibly be out then

Prizes are really dependent on the budget and whatever deals we can make. Yellow Oasis is still interested in helping us out, and I’m always open to any other offers from any other parties (developers, publishers, etc.).

Anyway, the list on my end could include any of the following:

Arcana Heart (1 or 2)
BlazBlue
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Guilty Gear XX ? Core (Plus)
Halo 3
King of Fighters XI (XII if possible)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Mario Kart Wii
Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4
Naruto Shippuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX 2
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum