OICHO THROWDOWN - Springfield, MO - August 29th - $250 SF4 POT BONUS

ATTENTION! If you plan on coming, please post what games you plan on playing and I’ll get a pre-reg list going. If your on this list, I’ll get you for $10 at the door even if you don’t register online. For those who have already done this, thanks!

Meta-Games Unlimited presents Oicho Throwdown 2009

Date: Saturday August 29th

3309 East Sunshine (right off the exit from 65 Highway)
Springfield, MO 65804
Venue will open and registration will begin at 10AM on Saturday

Hotels:

Lamplighter Inn
(closest to venue)
1772 S Glenstone Ave
Springfield, MO 65804
(417) 882-1113

Lots of other good ones [=2&child[0]=0&refined=true"]HERE](http://www.hotels.com/processIndexSearch.do;jsessionid=032BE3797EC3AA5A0F73198C4E56AB85.kimotc14?searchType=&destination=usertyped&fromNewSearchPage=true&acDestinationId=F3B4F7F9-2CE0-45A8-BB12-105DC76D901E&acDestinationType=1&lat=&lon=&pointName=&usertypedcity=Springfield%2C+Missouri%2C+US&trackType=AC&userEnteredDestination=Springfield%2C+Missouri%2C+US&defaultLandingPageUserType=&checkIn=8%2F28%2F2009&checkOut=8%2F30%2F2009&CIMonth=8&CIDay=28&CIYear=2009&COMonth=8&CODay=30&COYear=2009&numrooms=1&adults[0)

Fees:
$10 Venue Fee if prepaid
$15 venue Fee at the door
$10 per tournament ($20 per team on team tournaments)

Tournament prize payout is 70/20/10

Street Fighter 4 will have a $250 pot bonus.
(which is an extra 175 for 1st, 50 for 2nd, and 25 for 3rd on top of the prize pot)

Pre-registration can be taken care of HERE.

Event Listings:

Saturday, August 29th

Noon - Street Fighter IV
Noon - Marvel vs Capcom 2
3PM - Blazblue
3PM - Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
6PM - Street Fighter IV 2v2
6PM - King of Fighters XII

There will also be 3 side rooms set up for bring your own console, so if you want to get some casuals in, money matches, or whatever, feel free to bring your consoles and set up.

Also at 6PM we will have side events for Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PS2) and a Blazblue 2v2 Tournament (PS3). There is also some request for Tekken 5 DR, and we’re happy to facilitate this game if the players are there for it.

Before I get in to the rules, I just wanted to say if you have any questions, shoot me a PM here, or email me at oichothrowdown@gmail.com. I’ll also be checking this thread regularly.

All tournaments will be double elimination, best 2 out of 3 games. For winners and losers finals we’ll switch to best 3 out of 5. For Grand Finals, we will play best 4 out of 7.

Tournament is bring your own controller. All of the games will be played on Playstation 3. If for whatever reason MvC2 is delayed past the end of August, this game will be played on Dreamcast.

Game Specific Rules:

(the rules will be standard Evo rules, but for clarification…)

Marvel vs Capcom 2: You may not use any glitch that prevent the game from being played.
Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game.
Winner must keep same starting character, but can switch the order of assists.
Winner may not use the “Switch Glitch” to have a different starting character.
You may not use the same character twice on one team.

Super Turbo HD Remix: Akuma is Banned
Winner may not change character, loser may switch

Street Fighter IV: Winner may not change character, loser may switch

King of Fighters XII: Winner must keep same team same order, loser may switch team completely

Blazblue: Winner may not change character, loser may switch

Street Fighter IV 2v2: Will be run using the Evo format for 2v2

Pre-Registrees

Noon - Street Fighter IV
Rex0r - STL
DrunkNinja - Springfield
Triv - Joplin
NKI - STL
Weeks - Joplin
Warden - West Plains
Axiom and Crew - KC
Zenkix - Springfield
Raving Green - Springfield
Kurasa - STL
DevilTheEmperor - Joplin
Kaal - STL

Noon - Marvel vs Capcom 2
DrunkNinja - Springfield
Rex0r - STL
Triv - Joplin
NKI - STL
Weeks - Joplin

3PM - Blazblue
Rex0r - STL
JRSDrums - Springfield
DrunkNinja - Springfield
Weeks - Joplin
Warden - West Plains
Axiom and Crew - KC
Kurasa - STL

3PM - Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Rex0r - STL
Grog - Des Moines
DrunkNinja - Springfield
NKI - STL
JRSDrums - Springfield

6PM - Street Fighter IV 2v2
Rex0r + ??? - STL
Weeks + ??? - Joplin
Several Teams - KC
??? + Zenkix - Springfield
DevilTheEmperor + ??? - Joplin
Kaal + ??? - STL
6PM - King of Fighters XII
DrunkNinja - Springfield

Sounds awesome, you know I’m there! I’m probably down for everything except SSBB:bgrin:

There’s no reason Joplin shouldn’t make the measely hour trip, so we’ll be there for at least SFIV and MVC2, maybe HDR too.

Though I will not be attend I do approve of this Event Name! :tup:

Good shit springfield, more tournys in MO is always a good thing.

Count me in for SF4 singles, Teams(partner tbd), MvC2, SThd, and BLAZBLUE!

Yeah baby, WE IN THERE!!!

St Louis les’ gooo

Hope to see all of STL at AR tomorrow!

Yep was good to see springfield. You guys were all dangerous just couldnt quite pull the trigger. Remember what i said about pot bonus, if you include it they will come.

I will do my best to attend this.

Gonna work on getting some garanteed prize pots for probably sfiv, blazblue, and smash brothers. I’ll try to get some stuff figured out in the next week or so and post my results.

Could I propose running everything on Saturday? Midwest tournaments generally don’t draw huge numbers (even MWC was rather modest), so I think it would be totally feasible. This would be a lot more convenient for a few different reasons:

• don’t have to pay for hotel
  • it’s easier on the folks who don’t have a lot of free time
  • it’s easier on the folks who have to work Monday morning

If you’re absolutely dead-set on making this a two-day event, how about running all the singles tournaments on Saturday, then maybe leave Sunday for casuals and team tournaments? Something like this…

Saturday
Super Turbo HD Remix (will finish quickly for sure)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (will finish quickly for sure)
Super Smash Brothers Brawl 1v1
Blazblue
King of Fighters XII
Street Fighter IV

Sunday
Casuals
Super Smash Brothers Brawl 2v2
Street Fighter IV 2v2

I’d really like to come down for this, if I do it’ll only be for HDR. Also I second NKI’s notion for a Saturday tourney that way I won’t be dead tired Monday monring for work but it’s your tourney do it how you want :tup:

noooooo, run sf4 singles and teams on same day.

Its my first time trying to run a multi-tournament event, so I’m happy to take all the advice you guys are dishing out. There is still a lot of time before the event, so I’ll try to revise the schedule to better suite everyone. It will probably involve back seating Teams tournament though (sorry Rex!), or possibly moving all the Brawl to Sunday. Not a huge fan of Brawl personally, but the players seem to come in droves for events. I’ll try to get a revised schedule up here in the next day or so.

Glad to hear you’re open to suggestions.

In all honesty, as long as you have the venue until 9:00 PM or so, you should be just fine running everything on Saturday. I’ll even run Remix and Marvel if you need me to. (I have plenty of experience running tournaments.)

yeah put everything on saturday, and i’ll go! joplin’ll bring up four or five guys easy breezy, put in our donations to the “stl” fund

Updated schedule to an all-saturday smashbrothers-less schedule. Is there a mod I should PM about getting my header editted?

the lineup of games is amazing, this is gonna be good :smiley:

Good lookin’ out.

Also, you can edit the thread title yourself. Click on “Edit”, then “Go Advanced”.