Ive been a gouken main since vanilla. As you guys already know gouken is not a solid character. Hes not weak but hes not solid either so pretty much im looking for a solid character that I actually like meaning character design, moveset and other things. I find myself comming to yang and Im really starting to like him.
It seems though that I have to work 10 times harder then everyone else even harder then I have to work with gouken lol.
Things I like about yang–
– Good footies
– great reversal dp with invinsibility without ex
–Great escape tool with ex dash
– 2 good ultras
– tools to get around projectiles
– Nice hit confirms and frame traps
- Great frame advantage on standing and crouching jab
– 2 hit jump in with jump forward mk to break focus spamers
Im sure there is many more that im not thinking of.
Things I dont like about yang
–Damage output is ass
– Hard to use palms to stop projectiles due to loss of active frames
– dive kicks are mediocre, slow with added 2 frame recovery (WHY DID THEY DO THIS LOL)
– Lk dp has short range in front
–ex command grab lost throw invinsibility and start up even slower with less range lol capcom
– Regular command grabs are just slow as hell with bad range
–Lk mantis slash is only safe on first hit
– pretty much lost his cross up. (Man I feel sorry for you guys who played him before AE 2012)
– Its hard to punish projectiles with ultra 2 with its 6 frame start up. 4 frames was just fine why did they nerf that.
– Super is hard to use unlike yuns super lol
– Mk and Hk dashs are pretty bad with massive recovery.
– Focus attack sucks and forward dash is pretty bad
Thats all I can think of for now.
Now I dont really see anyone playing him now and days in big tournys. I think NEMO was the big yang player and im not sure how hes doing with him now. Online I never fight yang (which is good because i hate mirrors) but still fight plenty yuns. I hardly see vids of people using yang in 2012 AE.
So has people given up on him. Is he considered a weak non tourny viable character? From looking at my pros and cons and my experience playing him even after the massive nerf he got I feel he still has potential but hes far from easy to win with and you have to put in work unlike most characters. I have to work alot harder with yang then gouken but im sure thats because Ive been playing gouken alot longer. Im having problems doing option selects with yang and safe jumps but ive mastered those with gouken so i win more with him.
I want to stick with yang and make him my second main character along side gouken. Im not too too sure if its worth it though. I really wish he has a cross up that was easier to pull off and slightly better damage output. Also to have his dive kicks recovery in 4 frames again would be awesome and ex commanf grab back to normal. I would have loved to play yang before AE 2012 lol.
So whats everyones thoughs on yang. Does he got what it takes?!?!?!?