Online battle connectivity

I’ve been having real problems with most of my online battles with my PS3 version. When I search or player or ranked matches, I often get very bad hits (0-1 bar). I have to repeatedly search for one and have a hard time finding anything in the yellow (I have never seen full green bars).

My PS3 runs wireless through a Buffalo router on Time Warner broadband. My connection speed’s been throttled to 4000-6000kbps (at max, it used to be around 15K kbps). I have Norton 360 installed as well.

I haven’t been able to find any help on Capcom’s knowledge base regarding helpful network settings.

So the main questions here are - and thanks in advance for any replies:

1 - Does it usually take several tries of match searching to find a decent connection?

2 - Can anyone provide or point me to network settings that may help me out?

-j

It’s not your connection. It’s SFIV. The matchmaking just sucks. It takes multiple tries to find someone with a yellow connection, and chances are still low that you will be able to connect to them.

I blame SF4 not having a the player matches like soul calibur 4 and SSFTHDRemix has.

Damn…that’s rough. I suppose there’s a little consolation in the fact that it’s not just me. It’s too bad that when I invite my buddy for a match, I get a poor connection even though we both live in San Diego.

You also want to make sure your PS3 is getting NAT Type 2 or Type 1 under your network status. If you’re type 3, you have port/firewall issues and you will have a lot of trouble connecting to other players.

As others have said in the topic, the match making for Street Fighter 4 is just horrible. Why couldn’t they give us an actual ping rate instead of the kindergarten color bars? Inability to filter matches or create matches and not allow people under a certain speed to join is stupid. I just don’t see how they got it right with Remix, but then totally drop the ball on SF4.

i like big butts

x2…

Yeah I can never actually join a match online. The only way I can ever play is if I create a room and someone joins me.

Yes, it takes me multiple attempts to actually join a game. However, this is mainly due to someone else joining before me (I get the game is full message usually).

Personally, I just stopped looking at the bars. The only thing they seem to do is make the game load faster. Most of my games have 0-1 bars and 95% of them I can’t even feel the lag.

I can, sometimes a 2 bar game won’t be too bad, I’m guessing because it just barely meets the ping ms for a 2 bar category.

But man, I’ve play some single bar and 2 bar games where the input lag was about 2 seconds. Horrible. I refuse to play anyone less than a 3 bar for rankings, player matches I really don’t care.

PSN ports for forwarding listed here:

http://tinyurl.com/46t7jn