Opening move?

What do you guys like doing at the start of the round? I generally like jumping straight up at the start of the round…

so what do you guys do with your characters as an opening move?

WALL START

With Blanka I do his kick ball, Cammy I spiral arrow, Sagat I dp because they usually throw out a move and I hit them.

lol nah usually I walk back or stand there. If I have a safe poke that’ll stuff their move, I throw it out.

well, here’s some opening moves i like doing, when i don’t jump straight up:

Blanka: hop back (especially when against guile with full bar)

Guile with full bar: Sonic Hurricane, or wiggle the stick as if i’m doing sonic hurricane, but instead dash throw.

Sak: jump back dive kick

Cammy: walk up/dash to try and punch/kick/throw.

Sagat: running st.lk/st.mk/st.fp/cr.fp

Chun: super jump lk

Ken: wait abit, walk up fw+rh/rh.

… why the hell would you start the match with a level 3 super?

I’m pretty sure, if you’re not blocking when the announcer says “fight” you can be hit with Guile’s sonic hurricane.

It’s ghetto but it works occasionally.

to gwai: starting the round with guile’s sonic hurricane is random but it does work sometimes. personally, i think it’s not worth risking the meter.

start the round (it’s hard to get full bar right as the start of the match! heehee)…

it’s good…once you get the timing down…if your opponent does just about anything, it’ll take too long before they count as being airborn, and get hit by the entire super.

Plus it’s completely safe when blocked, so you can just go and rebuild your meter again. It’s not something to do everytime you have a super, just one of the options to catch your opponent falling asleep!

For one if the oppenent rcs at the beginning of the match they can beat this easily rc psycho crusher, ball, headbutt etc. This is a random super thats not worth it. People who random super or wake up super need to learn set-ups or combos… at high levels of play this is laughed upon:lol:

i block at the beginning of the match no matter who i’m using. that way i don’t get caught with dumb shit.

rc will get owned. if you do the lvl 3 at the perfect frame, the first one, the opponent will not have time to get his rc out.

only do this at the arcade where you can see the guys hands. If you know your enemy always blocks, just combo the super in with something. Which is what you should be doing in the first place.

Um… if you don’t do wake-ups, you’re dealing with meaty attacks all day long. Wake-up or random supers aren’t laughed at except when they are a big part of your game.
I mean, Mago hit Tokido with a random super at SBO2… Roll super, no less. It happens. You just can’t do it every time you have meter.

this is the only guy that knows what he’s talking about

good points…it’s nice to know what people think about this stuff…cause alot of guys like to hit the gates running…but i alot of times i just jump straight up.

i think at the beginning of a round, it’s best to play it safe. eat one super just because you want to try and shock your opponent and you’re playing catch up the rest of the match.

and btw, rc headbutt, blanka ball, or psycho crusher will eat most anything you do. level 3 or not.

For one if the oppenent rcs at the beginning of the match they can beat this easily rc psycho crusher, ball, headbutt etc. This is a random super thats not worth it. People who random super or wake up super need to learn set-ups or combos… at high levels of play this is laughed upon

I agree! On the other hand, people would highly respect someone who does RC psycho crusher or RC ball at the beginning of the round.

best opening moves

spiral arrow
fireball
fierce dp

You forgot TAUNT!!!

iori’s taunt is especially good.

Randomly rolling (with no prediction or reaction at all) and supering still works too. That doesnt make it a very good tactic.

Because that tactic seems so scrubbified that most people wouldnt even consider that someone would do something that “dumb”. Then they get hit by it and feel like a complete fucking tard.

As far as what I do

Athena - Hop back fireball

Joe - Either slide or run, ducking jabs into tnt punches

Blanka - Hop Back or SF