Opinions on a new laptop

Long story short. The old laptop got some water damage. A kit of water damage. Screen is fubar. So I need to get a new one. But I want this one to be real nice. A gaming laptop you will. Something that can handle mass effect 3 and guild wars 2/dota2 /lol. Biggest thing is price. Something under or in 1000 - 800 price range

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

If you want a gaming laptop, especially one that will play ME3 and DotA2, you are going to be spending upwards to 1,500 bucks. I bought a Sony Vaio with an i7, nvidia 425m, 8gb of ram, and it still chugged on DotA2. I highly recommend a PC for gaming, and in place of a laptop (depending on what you use it for), a tablet. I actually sold my Vaio and bought an Asus Transformer Prime, and I’ll probably never own another laptop again.

I agree, Gaming PCs can be built on the cheep if you know what you’re doing. I just got a new rig, AMD FX 8 core, 8 gigs of ram, 500 Gb hard drive, and an EVGA 550 Ti for around 750 dollars. I use my Xoom tablet for any computing on the go (mostly notes in classes and surfing the web) and my big PC for gaming. I play ME3 and League of Legends on highest settings, and run a PS2 emulator at 60 fps.

that price range is way too idealistic for a gaming laptop,
gaming PC, is another story

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834214604

It’s the best I could do.

Then how about something decent at that price range? I don’t have a choice in it being a desktop or not. I’m not the one buying it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

Check out the ASUS G series. I have the ASUS G53SX-DH71 and it works great with games like Skyrim, DOTA 2, Battlefield 3, and SSFIVAE.
EDIT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230141

Well, if you get something decent with an i5 and some sort of graphics thing it can emulate every system up to and including the Wii, not the best but it will work ok.

I had an i3 HP laptop, got it to run SSBM pretty well until a 3rd character came in or we played in the F-Zero stage.