Opinions please - LS 32-01

I’ve been reading up quite a bit on this forum regarding the JLF and LS sticks and how the JLF on an Octogate has throw issues. However I have not heard much about the issues of the LS-32.

For fighting games such as street fighter how does the Seimitsu stick compare with Sanwa stick?

I would like to know too. I ordered both the JLF and the LS-32-01 from lizardlick but still waiting for it after 2 weeks :frowning:

Im going to use my stick for fighting games, mainly street fighter and I mainly play with QC characters, just wanted to know which is best. I know I should try them both out but I can’t really.

I know you can do a modification for the JLF which i might do so that i can eliminate the throw issue.

I ended up ordering from akihabarashop… going to get both to see which one I like better…

-joe

the JLF is much smoother than the ls32. It hits the switches directly while the ls32 uses levered microswitches which I don’t like. There is no octo gate for the ls32. There is a circle 1 you can order from akihabara shop.also the ls32 jumps up a but when you pull hard in a direction.

As a general guideline, in arcades the JLF is used for fighting games, and the LS is used for shmups, but overall it is preference of the player. If you want to know about throw information specifically, go here:

http://slagcoin.com/joystick/attributes_brands.html

There is one very good table regarding throws, and the precision somewhere else, I will try to find it for you.

Your thinking of kowals site, it’s in polish language, the slagcoin chart has everything you really need. Once you feel how much smoother & more fluid the JLF is you will understand why everyone rexonends it.

I am by no means an expert, just a casual fighting game fan. After using both, I have to give my vote to LS-32. Note that I’ve been using the JLF (Sanwa) on my HRAP1 for about 4 years, though about 1 month of intensive use since the beginning of this year, and only 1 month on the LS.

Motion moves
Single motion moves are a lot easier for me to pull off, even 360s and SNK’s complicated supers (QCB>HCF). Though I find it much easier to pull off double QCFs on Sanwa since there’s a lot more room to do corner circles (maybe i’m still transitioning to Seimitsu).

Charge moves
Charge moves are a lot quicker and effortless to pull off, mainly due to the shorter shaft. My main problem using Sanwa for charge moves are with d>uf/ub (Claw’s specials) and with Horizontal Supers. Mainly because of the amount of effort it takes to move the stick and probability of hitting the wrong direction. Both problems are solved when I switched to Seimitsu. Though incidentally, Vertical Supers, almost effortless on the Sanwa, comes off as Horizontal Supers half of the time on Seimitsu.

It comes down to preference. I’d suggest you try them both before deciding. For someone who’s transitioning from Sanwa, it can be a difficult process due to the need to de-emphasize movements (with HCFs sometimes, my muscle memory is trained to do a bigger HCF from using Sanwa).

But once I’ve gotten used to the Seimitsu stick, it feels like I’m getting better control over movements. A HCF feels like a HCF. With Sanwa, sometimes feels like you’re just flicking air because of its looseness (though in all fairness, after 4 years, the spring might need change).

Pros of LS-32
Tighter spring (“feeling” of more control)
Shorter throw (less distance to execute moves)

Cons
Shorter throw (equates to minuscule movements that might affect accuracy (eg. complicated small movements like double QCFs); I’d imagine someone with larger hands might have difficulty)
No official octagon gate

I’m no expert on the technical side of things. But in conclusion, because I’m getting better controls (I’m not afraid to pull off DMs in KOF now with Seimitsu!), I’m not going back to Sanwa.

Note: the games I’m mostly playing on are Super SFII Turbo and KOF '98, both which generally have unforgiving inputs.

On the Ls-32, do you normally just leave the blue plastic gate on or take it off completely?