It’s that time of year again folks… and it’s like two weeks after EVO weekend, so I should see more of ya’ll than I did last year. I think this is like the first time in three years that Otakon didn’t clash with EVO.
Like I said in the thread last year, as long as you know who NOT to hang with (example) you’ll have a good time here.
I personally haven’t watched an anime in years, but I still go to the cons whenever I can. It’s a generally really fun atmosphere to be in, and a great place to meet fun new people. Also if you’re a bboy, there are some pretty tite cats from around the area that come out and session literally all weekend.
Otakon is also perfect for shenanigans w/ friends and *lots and lots of drinking. :tup:
Highlights from last year (that I can remember, haahah):
- Apparently niggas fist fought over SFIV in the game room. Two times.
- On Sunday, someone started [media=youtube]4qDH7x2VaGA&feature=channel_page"[/media] that got him ejected from the BCC
- Baltimore hood natives kicking nerds off of a Naruto game for the gamecube for hours at a time
- Baltimore seafood restaurants (although expensive)
- Among many, many others that I cannot remember due to alcohol. ;|
Will maxx bring his Massachusetts crew down to the DMV and wreck everyone FRAYYYY in bboy battles? Will VSlash actually win against elitist otaku **** in Sengoku Basara casuals? Will the androgynous crossdresser from 4 years ago return to Otakon to rematch us in 3S? Will people keep the street fighting… in the game this year?
Hope you all can make it out. Will be good times.