Out of country visas

Figured with all of the japanese coming over this year, this would be the place to ask.

I’ve got a buddy in Peru that wants to come to the US for a tournament. However he’s having some difficulty getting a visa to visit. So what do the out of country players do to get a visa (green card maybe…) to come to our tournaments?

he doesnt need anything

just a plane ticket

unless he plans to stay over 3 months

He gets the Visa from his own country, then visits then leaves, there is no problem visiting a country, the complicated fanagle is when you want to stay there.

Depends on each country to be honest.

Japan and USA get along so you don’t really need a whole lot to go back and forth. Same for when I visited Europe and Australia. I do need one to visit China though.

I’m not sure what the relationship between Peru and USA is but he should be able to get one just to visit for a week or 2 at the most. It shouldn’t be that big of a deal - what is the problem that he is having?

Derek Daniels

I know in Mexico, it is a pain in the ass to get one. I assume it is like that for all of Latin America. You really think you don’t need anything to fly over here? If that were the case, no one would walk three days in the desert to get here illegally when they could just hop on a plane.