Paradise Arcade

So, I noticed, there are lots of questions regarding their custom stuff and legitimacy scattered randomly in threads. I imagine that long time stick builders/arcade cab peeps, would know about them. I think it’s more the noobs(myself included) who have questions.

Here’s my thoughts. A presence here, in the form of a dedicated thread, would be reassuring to many.

Tommy: Let’s think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I’m listening.

Tommy: Here’s the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn’t it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]

Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What’s your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn’t a crazy glue sniffer? “Building model airplanes” says the little fairy; well, we’re not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that’s all it takes. The next thing you know, there’s money missing off the dresser, and your daughter’s knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That’s all it is, isn’t it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer’s sake, for your daughter’s sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I’ll buy from you.

Tommy: Well, that’s…

Tommy, Richard Hayden: …What?

Okay that doesn’t apply 100% here, but how could I resist posting one of my favorite quotes ever! I guess I’m saying, a presence here would make the average joe schmoe stick modder feel “warm and toasty inside”

I know that the fight stick crowd may be a small part of a steady arcade business, but it just seems like a missed opportunity. I can personally say that I have made multiple orders from other on line retailers that I have learned enough about through their dedicated threads in Tech Talk to trust my money with. I know there are also other forums out there for the custom stick/part changin/arcade cab crowds so I can see how it would be challenging to stay on top of all of em.

Paradise has so many little things you can’t get anywhere else (conveniently) Hollow Jlf/ls-32 shafts come to mind. and basically anything led related. Large Happ/Il inventory…

Anyway, I guess I’m being a bit of a homer here.

Hmmm… my intuition tells me you’re affiliated…:wtf:

that’s kinda dumb, huh, if I was, wouldn’t I just start said thread?

yeah, don’t buy anything from them, they suck, they’re terrible and they set up an elaborate scheme in a forum to scam YOU. Me and all the other people who bought from them and had positive experiences are all in on it. This actually proves what I’m saying. If they started their own post, they could fill you in on it all. I don’t know how long they have been around, but I received the items I ordered in quickly.

Maybe you need a long form birth certificate?

This always happens to me, I start posting on a message board that interests me and some jackass comes along and ruins it for me. I really don’t like having to “prove” anything to anyone behind a computer or anywhere else for that matter. I usually end up physically threatening said jackasses to no avail, because no one who posts on a message board could actually fight (in real life) anyway.

so yeah. don’t worry about me. I’m affiliated with Disney, NBC/Universal, and I make movies sir. I don’t need anything from anyone.

I just spoke to Bryan from PA today. He should have a thread coming up shortly. Thanks for the effort!

Thread posted here:
http://shoryuken.com/f177/paradise-arcade-shop-led-joysticks-buttons-mods-more-272357/

Kyle: Thank you
LJAFX: Thak you for the props and comments, but you know…it’s really hard to get a long form birth certificate from Hawaii :slight_smile:
Muffman: Unless LJAFX is hiding under the couch with my sons toys, he’s not affilliated :slight_smile:

I hope we earn some trust and respect here, and look forward to new ideas, comments and suggestions.

WTF!!! I made one short little quip, as a fn’ joke, armi0024 even replied accordingly, with a joke back. You on the other hand call me a jack ass, insinuate I am a conspiracy nut, insinuate I can’t fight, and then brag that you make movies. Then to top it off you send me a private message, with mostly the same shit, insulting, and once again bragging you make movies. Do you know what one reason might be, that some jackass on a forum always comes along and ruins it for you? Cause you’re a fucking cunt and they call you out on it. Learn to take a fucking joke. You’re from Hawaii, your post was literally within minutes of his, and your post is sure to win you the coveted dick rider of the year award. So I thought a tiny, harmless, non offensive joke was in order. And stop dropping that you make movies. One it sounds pathetic to brag, two it sounds like you’re lying, and three, who gives a fuck. Making movies is something to brag about? How about getting a real fucking job that contributes to society. Then you can give yourself a big pat on the back. But still don’t brag, it’s very unflattering. So in closing… please learn to take a joke, good luck with that whole dick riding thing… oh… and I hope your mom finds you hanging in your fucking closet by your neck one day. Hmmm Mr. I like to quote movies? I normally don’t write novels like this, but considering I know you sat by your computer all day waiting for my response… and even sent a private message letting me know how awesome you are cause you make movies, I thought I’d give you something to read since you waited so long. Hope you enjoyed.
PS… eat a dick
PPS… no seriously… eat a dick :grrr:

Wow, awesome. . . . yet wow all the same.

Paradise Arcade Shop has done me right in every way. I highly recommend checking out there site. In defense of LJAFX, he’s right, PA is a one stop shopping experience for all arcade and stick builders. The biggest thing to note is Brian listens to the community and actively try’s to meet their needs. Remember that and keep an eye on his site.

No, I’m not affiliated.

Hoops is just wearing his warrior cheer leading outfit :slight_smile:

http://blog.going2oahu.com/images/101934-94768/HI1.jpg

On a serious note, we really do want ideas, we have larger ball tops coming in for muffman, we did a fun project on the UIla Flashes for Focusattack, and we even worked with 32teeth to come up with a new Sparky configuration.

I can’t promise we’ll get it all done, but I can promise that I will hear all the ideas and try to do as many that make sense as possible. We will actually be bringing some really fun prototyping tools on board to make some wild customs in the near future.

Ha, cool. I actually both found and ordered some stuff from Paradise earlier today, and hadn’t seen this thread. Needed some switches and picked up some other stuff to mess with, like the Zippy 20g switch setup for LS-32.

Wow… I really went off the deep end right there… bwhahah. Must have been drunk when I posted that rant. Sorry about that guys. I heart Paradise Arcade and Brian is really awesome. That other cat just rubbed me the wrong way by pm’g me and shit over a little joke.