parry whore

does anyone else find themselves being a parry whore, like parrying an entire dudley combo? or blocking the 1st half of chun SA2 then parrying the rest?

is it practical? or am i getting hit more because of how much more im guess parrying?

You’re probably getting hit more. Probably.

yeah, im getting hit more, but im winning more also

im not getting hit a whole lot tho…i still block when i need it…im only really getting hit when i try and parry certain parts of supers…like tonight during some casuals i tried to parry hugos hammer mountain on the 5th hit…but i missed and got hit for trying

parrying the second half of chuns sa2 is gold. once you get it down, i mean…who the hell doesn’t want free meter.

i know right, even tho i use yun and dont need a lot of the meter lol

ive got the last kick she does down…but i keep doing the timeing wrong on her 2nd set of kicks…lol, just gotta get it down…

Nothing wrong with it but dont’ start rely on it all the time or people will start doing empty jump-ins etc and youre going to eat something that could’ve been avoided by just blocking.

Doing parries is fun, period. I can’t blame anyone for being a parry whore. There is nothing as satisfying as parrying some long combo or super.

Parries only assist you in winning at the higher levels of Third Strike… and usually you can’t form a consistently solid play style around them. People who are really good will always be mixing up and playing in an unpredictable fashion. So if your competition is good, then you shouldn’t be able to parry that often. Try parrying only when necessary, or in those situations when you know that pressing down/forward is the safe thing to do. The rest of your game should revolve around your character’s options (pokes, stuffs, combos, links, etc.) against whatever character you are facing.

Mio, tell that to aye-hood.

Just know this. Parrying is a High-Risk High-Reward type of thing. You miss a parry to eat a hit. You get a parry they eat a hit. If you’re actually winning matches while still being a parry fiend then more power to you but if you’re losing then parry less. It’s pretty much that simple.

In theory, if you were psychic and knew all the moves that they were gonna use. A person who can parry everything would be close to unstopable… but like I said, if you were psychic

High risk/high reward is too much of a blanket statement in 3s. Parry’s risk/reward ratio is different for most every character, in addition to what you’re risking against that certain character.

Also take into account the increased damage you take if you guess down and they go high.

hahah :rofl:

hahahahaha

In my opinion you shouldn’t really parry unless your game is really good. More often than not you’ll get hit more than you parry, and trying to parry every attack that comes at you is like eating pizza without cheese. You could, but why? You should only parry when you’re sure it’ll connect, or if it’s your only option i.e. chip damage will kill you.

consistency and playing it safe are better than random showboating. parrying supers that you can punish on block is stupid.

Unless the chip is gonna kill you, or you need a jump in to finish them, or it gives you some kind of opening you couldn’t have attained otherwise, blocking is the better bet in most cases.

Parries are nice every once and a while, but theres something to be said for playing it safe and capitalizing on mistakes, rather than recklessly taking risks right and left.