*Ever wonder why competitive gaming is so underdeveloped in the U.S.? Three main reasons:
- Those who have the financial capability of putting plans in motion have NO IDEA what to do. (and ALWAYS screw up when they try)
- Video game business is doing well? Great!! Time to buy a new car/girlfriend!
- People with great ideas have NO MONEY (all too common)*
Introducing PC Arena’s $1,000 Monthly Series for SSF4 :karate:
These monthly tournaments are strictly designed for the dedicated players who show up and practice publicly. Somebody will win $1,000 EACH MONTH. Please read the following tournament rules carefully.
$1,000 monthly Tournament conditions:
1) The tournament each month will be capped at 32 people*****
2) Each day you play at PC Arena you will get 1 point
3) At the end of the month 32 people with the highest point totals will get in the tournament. In case people tie for the last position/s… a mini round robin qualifier will take place amongst the people in question.
4) You must attend Wednesday Night Fights to be eligible.
Which most of you do anyway.
If there is a problem with you being able to attend, you must present your case in person.
5) Tournament spots can NOT be substituted to another person.
6) Tournament will be double elimination with EVO’s ruleset
7) Each new month is a new tournament, thus all points will reset the day after the tournament.
8) Every Tournament will take place on the last Saturday of each month unless specified. The last day to earn points will be the day before the tournament.
Now I’m sure this will upset those who don’t like coming outta their caves till the the day of the tournament… well… tough shit.
Building a stronger offline scene only happens when people are active… so this is my way of rewarding those who are active and help the competitive gaming scene grow.
If I see that somebody is abusing the system I’ll adjust it accordingly.
Tournament cap may increase depending on how many dedicated players there are.
My intention is to “weed-out” those who contribute nothing to the offline scene/meets, not make the dedicated people fight for position. If you are dedicated… you will get in, I’ll make sure of it. :lovin:
Keep in mind that there may be unforeseen issues with this. I’ll do my best to make sure everything runs smoothly.
***104-A1 N Raymond Ave
Fullerton, CA 92831
(connected to Albertsons… Speedy Cash is on the corner) *
1:30pm - 4:00am (or later if you want… no biggie)
** All day venue fee $5
BYOC (bring your own controller/setup)**
I have an xbox setup with SSF4… use that at your own risk. I don’t really feel like discussing lag and such again.
If I see OR smell liquor you will be banned… if I can’t find the violator the night will end prematurely for everyone. I will call the police if necessary.
Okay, so you got a doctors permit to smoke this shit. Good job! I’m sure your mother’s very proud of you. Keep it away from my shop. I don’t want to see it or smell it. Violators will be removed. If I can’t find the violator/s the night will end prematurely for everyone.
DO NOT BARF ON MY TOILET
I don’t know who it was last time, but the barf is supposed to go INSIDE the toilet, not on top of it.
DO NOT BARF IN MY SINK
There’s a toilet 3 feet away… barf in that.
I can’t believe I have to put this here… there’s NO reason for this… perma-banned and police involvement… you suck at writing.
DO NOT LEAVE TRASH ON MY COMPUTERS!!
I have a trash can for that… if you can’t find it for whatever reason there’s a nice one just outside my doors that I pay $500 every month for…
IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG PLEASE TELL ME OR MY EMPLOYEES
I understand that shit happens sometimes, just let us know when it does. Nothing is more frustrating then finding out after everyone leaves. We’re not 10 years old anymore.
Next tournament date… JULY 31