PC Game

Good Afternoon,

Currently, I play SF on my PS3 and X360. But I am thinking about playing SF on my PC. I see that there are two PC gaming services–Microsoft and Steam (3 if you count Onlive). Which service do you suggest? My xbox controller worked on Games on Windows but not on Steam. Have any suggestions on dealing with that? Thanks.

Vanilla 4 uses GFWL regardless of whether you bought it on steam or another service. I’m not sure about AE, but I would assume it’s the same.

X360 pads work fine with Steam games. You’re doing something wrong.

Wait, I am confused. When I go to steam, I can purchase sf4, ssf4 ae, and sfxt. I can purchase those same games on games for windows. On onlive, I can purchase ssfae. So what do you mean that sf4 uses GFWL? So, even if I buy it from steam it is as if I brought it from Microsoft? If that is the case, then why have steam? Thanks.

I guess that’s what Capcom wanted to use GFWL as an online service for it’s fighters on PC.
Even if you bought it from Steam…you would have to use GFWL for online.
At this point…Valve only distributes (sells) the games/DLC through Steam.

Well, I guess I should just use GFWL. Thanks.

I bought vanilla from Amazon.com (direct download) and SSF4 from Steam. Vanilla works no matter where i am. The one I got from Steam often will not open up if I don’t have access to the internet. If I had it to do over, I would not have bought the game from steam.

Please don’t spam the same post around the forum.