Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena

Well yeah, but my point was just that being realistic doesn’t mean you have to be pessimistic about it, is all. But I apologize if my comments are coming across as harsh or ‘strong’.

Some new matches from japan

[media=youtube]WfSTXD1CKW4[/media]

If it seems like P4U isn’t getting the support from the developers like it should, then we should pick up the banner and show them that this game is worth the time and effort to support. We should be playing the game, we should be voicing opinions, we should be getting people to play with us and growing this game.

One of the popular excuses is something along the lines of “they wouldn’t pay attention no matter what we do.” Then it should be up to us to make them pay attention.

Screw waiting for developer support. We kept games and communities alive fine even without developer support throughout the so called “dark years” between 2000 and 2009. If you want a game to thrive, you can’t simply wait on the devs, it’s up to us, the community, to put in the blood, sweat and tears to keep the game and the community alive.

I didn’t hesitate to book a flight to Vegas and a room in the Paris the moment this game was confirmed for EVO. It’ll be my first!

I’ve also been in the lab all this week getting ready for a local tournament (and Final Round qualifier!) this weekend. Everyone else’s sloth is my gain.

THATS THE SPIRIT!

Speaking of that…I should probably plan out some Vacation Days now…

Got back on the grind and hit S rank last night ^^ idk if I should feel good because I keep running into B-A ranks that autocombo for every confirm --

To be fair, sometimes if you get too mash happy you start going into the autocombo anyway, and a lot of people will just say “screw it”, instead of by the 3rd hit of it, backing off so they don’t do it.

I’m talking like they’ll land a clean hit with the chance for some good damage, and then just autocombo every time. I’ll play against an A Mitsuru who’s like 90-10 that only knows they have a reversal and autocombo. I have no idea how that happens. Almost every character can take a 5AA and get a better convert than autocombo with time to confirm, but people still autocombo. there’s no excuse for that.

Oh, I getcha, yeah. I mean…admittedly I’d think they would have to have at least learned some basic challenge combos. Though, that being said, isn’t your rank more based on games played?

Since you can rank down past C you have to be somewhat consistent with winning. Idk if it’s a bug or ratio thing or people are just not accepting good matches.

I don’t know, my win/loss record is quite possibly one of the most embarrassing things ever, and I’m somehow at C.

Well, once you hit C you can’t rank down lower than C, but if you go higher and lose you’ll get bumped back down again.

Ahh, alright. That explains why I’m not back to E again then, lol.

The way the ranking system works is you have to win some consecutive number of matches against players either in your rank, or one rank above or below it (so an A rank has to win some consecutive amount of matches against B+, A or A+ players). Beating players way above your rank doesn’t help you rank up in any way.

If you lose a certain amount of matches more than you are winning, you can derank…and it doesn’t have to be consecutive matches lost and it doesn’t matter what the rank of the player is that beat you.

It’s a pretty bad design that can easily be exploited.

There’s also the fact that a lot of the better players that bothered with ranked are now mostly S or above. Back when the game released (and for about a month after that), you could still find plenty of good players around B~A rank.

Since they’ve all moved higher (or don’t play ranked at all, or used to but don’t anymore), the vast majority of the remaining people aren’t as good. So there’s more room for people who honestly aren’t all that good to get all the way up to A. The ranking is really just another way of displaying win rate: it doesn’t account for how good you are or how good the people you beat were, only how often you won in general. The way it’s structured, you can’t use it as a measure of skill at all.

I’m not so sure; I think you have to be pretty decent to make it to MASTER at least. There’s some truth to what you’re saying, but in the end a top ranked player has at least shown the ability to outperform the majority of people most of the time (hence the >50% winrate necessary to climb in rank).

This scrub janne-da-arc24, is Master rank:

[media=youtube]Mhw6l5MUFvg[/media]

This is how he plays vs. everone, mash R-action and B raging lion all day. This guy also ragequit on me in ranked…and he has 9000 matches played.

Y’know, if he’s that absolutely awful, then I’d hate to think of your opinion of the guy who lost to him 3 times in a row.

Yolo Narukami shenanigans is a common sight online. Rank holds little weight to actual skill. Treat a F Rank player the same way you treat a SS player(Unless they request to go easy because they are beginners). You never know if they play offline and don’t bother with the near dead Rank Online. Most of the activity is at the Player Lobbies anyway