Phantom breaker: battle grounds

http://youtu.be/KxOv6KxbfYU<br><br>http://youtu.be/dFffL0fu5ac<br><br>Anyone try this game out? 4 player co-op beat’em up that looks like that Scott Pilgrim game except better and actually has ONLINE. Surprised this hasn’t been talked  (yes I searched). Also I haven’t really gone to these forums much since the change how do I embed those vids I posted above?<br>

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteText”><a href="/profile/74086/SF09ers">SF09ers</a> said:<br><br>looks like that Scott Pilgrim game except better<br></div>
</blockquote>

pandora’s box opened<br><br>will it have a versus mode<br>

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/7798/Sleazoid">Sleazoid</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteText”><a href="/profile/74086/SF09ers">SF09ers</a> said:<br><br>looks like that Scott Pilgrim game except better<br></div>
</blockquote>

pandora’s box opened<br><br>will it have a versus mode<br></div>
</blockquote>

http://youtu.be/GVKvDqvCtxo<br>

The game has been out btw you can try the demo for free. Based on the demo alone this is way better Scott Pilgrim. The combat system is a lot deeper than SP. I will definitely buy this once I get some MS points.<br>

It’s really addicting. <br><br>The game has a shit load of options.<br><br>Normals (light, medium, heavy)<br>Special attacks<br>EX special attacks<br>grabs<br>options on block (guard cancelling into back dash, line jump, straight up knock back counter, etc)<br>OTG<br>Burst<br>Counter<br>Supers<br>Overdrive (think of wolverine beserker charge, except everyone moves 1000% slow while your speed is increased by a shit load)<br><br>Also has a level up system where you put your points into stats or skill tree in which enable you to do things like double jump, increase combo damage, increase special move damage, etc. <br><br>Starts with 4 characters and can unlock 4 more + 2 clones playing through the game. I’ve played this shit so much i’ve already level capped all characters. (playing on nightmare makes getting to level 50 pretty easy)<br><br><br>

How would you compare it to Scott Pilgrim? Many consider Scott Pilgrim to be the greatest side scrolling co-op beat’em up of all time. This game literally shits ALL OVER IT.

Everyone that calls Scott Pilgrim the greatest side scrolling beat em up is probably too ignorant to have played Guardian Heroes.

Or any Double Dragon game. Or Streets of Rage. Or Final Fight. Or Gekido(more people should play Gekido on PS1.)

I don’t really have any comment on “Phantom Breaker” other than the fact I think artistically, it looks ugly as fuck.

Hm…can’t find it on psn…wonder what pos system it’s on…

theres high/low attacks

Its on Xbox 360 of course.

Terrible, i think SF09ers is Spencer.

How is it terrible have you played it yet?

The game itself is fun from playing the demo. But name dropping Scott Pilgrim before the plethora of games that defined and created the genre before Scott pilgram decided to cash in on it’s shitty fan base is fucking BEYOND terrible.

lol whatever man its not a big deal. More people need to get this game tho everytime I search for a co-op match all i find are japs with their shitty ass connections

You guys do realize all the stuff it has is simply cut and past from its original game “Phantom breaker” which was fighter. Even music themes. the only real change besides the obviousness graphic and genre of game is the “out of range attack”. besides that its poor man guardian hero with more limited cast and game play. and with them just combining the “hard” and “quick” style, alot of character individuality is lost.

Not this is bad game and i will enjoy it since I’m still fan of Phantom breaker series, but battle ground is lack luster at best.

Battlegrounds is based off of their fighting game so why wouldn’t their be similarities? Functionally the game plays completely different and has been molded nicely into a beat em up kind of game. If anything you could probably get away with claiming that it is a “cut and paste” job from guardian heroes.

There’s many problems with battle grounds, but I’d rank it on par with it if not surpassing it in a lot of aspects.

What would you say are its problems?

360 only huh? It’s like 5pb thinks it’s cool to not make a lot of money, which is a shame because I love games like these. =\

360 only makes this game absolute shit.