We’re doing it again. For this one now that we know a bit more of some of the features that will be offered for SFV, it will be good to focus on getting a list of features that people would still like implemented. Then of course the typical gameplay/balance stuff.
- A strict punishment for people who rage quit. Make sure this is tested thoroughly so it doesn’t accidentally negatively affect the person who didn’t drop. The game should be able to tell close to 100 percent of the time who dropped and punish them effectively for it.
- Make hit boxes and frame data available in training mode and an active displaying frame data tool whenever you land an attack on hit or block. Would be preferred to have VF/DOA style active frame data listing where you can bring up an active menu that displays the data mined in the game everytime you land an attack.
- The ability to record a combo or set up and then restart at any point during the middle of said combo or setup. Like if you want to practice timing the last 3 hits of a juggle combo, you can just restart right before the last 3 hits of the juggle combo instead of having to perform the entire combo again. If you’re trying to practice blocking against a setup you can rewind to right before the setup crosses up or goes high/low.
- Allow players to choose whether they want to be on player 1 or player 2 side in local vs mode before the character select screen.** This would make things a lot easier for tournaments or just casual play so people don’t have to hold home buttons, switch controllers or even switch seats just to be on the right side of the screen.
- An actual TUTORIAL mode for the game that teaches people how to play SF.** There are still a lot of people who just play games and don’t read forums or watch streams much. Have them at least get a way to get quick entry into the competitiveness of the game by having the computer train them in aspects like anti airing, footsies, hit confirming, blocking, tech throwing, basic bnbs, educating them on how and why “cheap/spammy” tactics are beatable etc.
Guilty Gear Xrd did a good job creating different challenge trials where you learn how to do deal with things in the neutral.
**- With rollback netcode being utilized, allow us to see the exact ping numbers for our opponents **and give us a visual of how many frames of delay we are encountering during the fight like GGXrd. Allowing us to adjust that delay like in 3S OE or GGPO would be nice also.
**- Add in features that help eliminate issues with pausing or wireless controller synch issues during tournaments that are notorious for negatively effecting big matches. ** A function that stops issues with people pressing the home/share/options during matches would be nice as well. People are regularly accidentally hitting share and options buttons which brings people back to the home screen.
- Online Training Mode**
**- Tournament Ready Mode that sets all rounds, timer and other things to the default necessary for tournaments. **It should first ask for which side of the screen each player wants to be on, ask for button input check then go straight to the select screen. If possible, make sure all colors, outfits and characters are unlocked for this mode. Disable trophies for this mode as well.
- Create a player card/stat tracking profile feature for players that can show off things like what tournaments they’ve won, their battle points online and pre set all of their button config and character color/accessory options. Like a more robust version of what’s used in the arcades for SFIV, Tekken or Virtua Fighter. Let this be something that people can use for offline battles and tournaments.
- Frame skip in training mode and replays so we can freeze and see individual frames of things that are happening.
**- 2/3 or other options for ranked. **Possibly when you move up far enough in ranked you can make games 2/3 or higher to promote adapting to people’s play and less getting points just for going wild on the opponent for one match.
- When people aren’t watching streams, give them options to spectate other people playing ranked or in lobbies right from the game itself.** Like allowing up to 20 or more people to purely spectate instead of play. A large set of ways to create, save and distribute replays would be nice as well.
- All play feature for lobbies. In lobbies let everyone switch between playing other people like at a BYOC or Japanese style LAN cabinet. If everyone is online there isn’t a need to have people in traditional single file line on one lobby/cabinet. Give us options to play or spectate different parts of the lobby at anytime. Sitting in a traditional long 6 to 8 person line is very archaic and gives that feel of everyone crowding around the one machine the day a new fighitng game released.
Gameplay: (Includes some of the stuff that I felt are still relevant from the last post with some newer stuff)
- **We heard that you plan not to add in any balance patches during the Capcom Cup season after the game launches. ** There has been a lot of messing around with data during the beta and it’s got us feeling that you will not adhere to this after launch. Please save the changes after releases until after the season is over so we can adjust to a meta and simply play the game and learn our characters and matchups.
- Get rid of the invincible frames on a PP or KK quick rise that make it overly difficult to meaty people as they rise back up. Make it more like Alpha where there are vulnerable frames as people roll back up.
- Revert stun values on throws and heavies back to 200. ** At least for the characters that aren’t super mix up heavy. 150 stun is rough for a game that’s trying to emphasize use of heavier buttons and harder to tech throws.
**- Adjust pushback on hit and block for attacks. ** Pushback on blocked jabs should be lessened, pushback on negative heavy normals and specials like fireballs should be increased. Pushback on hit lights still seems a bit rough.
- Make hit/hurtboxes react more naturally. Some things are still visually way off.
- Increase range for lower normal hurtboxes.
- Improve walk speeds a bit, especially for characters that have slower speeds like Bison, Birdie and Nash. Would prefer something closer to old game walk speeds for characters. Especially if throws are as short ranged as they are.
- Improve throws (will add to this as throw damage/stun was changed again).
- Either increase the time that white chip from normal lingers or make the white chip damage larger. Right now walk speeds seem to be too slow and the white chip recovers too quickly for it to be something that will hugely effect matches.
- Continue to emphasize block stun and allowing a majority of block strings to be true block strings. Only jabs creating true block strings in SFIV really limited the type of pressure you could apply in conjunction with the invincible dashes.
- Try to create a better medium between fireball and anti fireball options. There seems to be a lot of anti projectile options per character and don’t want another SF game where the projectile zoning characters always have to be walking on eggshells with every projectile they throw. Projectiles should be pertinent and players should have to learn to get around them with spacing and patience rather than just have a ton of tools to bypass them.
- Allow draw games to reset the round or award neither player a win and move to the next round. No more both players being awarded a win.